Play an MP3 as an event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play an MP3 as an event?

Guys, not sure if I can do this or not, but I am thinking of setting up a couple of my sonos units to play MP3 via an event if certain things happen.

Example: Camera on the side of the house triggers via motion, it sends an email, that subject line triggers an event that causes an MP3 to play notifying the trespasser that they have been seen.

Can I do something like this? No totally solid plans yet, just brainstorming.

Originally posted by chewie View Post
    Guys, not sure if I can do this or not, but I am thinking of setting up a couple of my sonos units to play MP3 via an event if certain things happen.

Example: Camera on the side of the house triggers via motion, it sends an email, that subject line triggers an event that causes an MP3 to play notifying the trespasser that they have been seen.

Can I do something like this? No totally solid plans yet, just brainstorming.
    Sure, check help file for detail but in a nutshell, you make an SPEAK event and in the text section, you enter the COMPLETE pathname+filename of your mp3 file.

Comment

We do something similar, but all of our announcements are inside the house. Are you using Sonos speakers outside?
      Attached Files
      Michael

Comment

Working...
      X