Do you have issue with the updater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have issue with the updater?

Lately I have noticed when updating any plugin, it does not update normally. It sometime come out with a "cannot save download" or if it says updated successfully, but it Still has the checkbox. And if the check box disapear it not updated with the current ver. In order to show up you need to restart HS so that the correct ver appears on the updater. Anyone has the same issue?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

That might be a browser issue. Can you try another browser and see if it behaves the same way?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

@Hector,

Also check free space on your HS3 server.

Here utilize Firefox on all PC / laptops. New Firefox is faster except on older computers.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks guys I will check... I am currently using chrome, you think it needs updating?
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
          Lately I have noticed when updating any plugin, it does not update normally. It sometime come out with a "cannot save download" or if it says updated successfully, but it Still has the checkbox. And if the check box disapear it not updated with the current ver. In order to show up you need to restart HS so that the correct ver appears on the updater. Anyone has the same issue?
          Having the same issue running Chrome & Hometroller S6.

Comment

What version of HS are you using? I think there is a bug in versions before or with 368.

Comment

Personally have always used Firefox and never did utilize Chrome even though it was recommended for HS3. Run it today on Ubuntu, Windows and Android.

Stock install Firefox is Adblock plus and Ghostery.

There are also scripts you can utilize to by pass the websites that block if you are using ad blocking software.

That is me.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Its not the browser. I've noted this problem intermittently on recent releases. I believe it first surfaced at/around .357 and continues on .368.

It doesn't happen every time. When it does, a restart of HS3 clears it.

It appears that the plugin update occurs, but the main application fails to register the new version. I saw a case where a plugin displayed the updated version on its private page while the HS3 updater continued to show the previous version.

Will be interested to see if this is fixed when HS gets off it's "beta" merry-go-round.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                  Its not the browser. I've noted this problem intermittently on recent releases. I believe it first surfaced at/around .357 and continues on .368.

It doesn't happen every time. When it does, a restart of HS3 clears it.

It appears that the plugin update occurs, but the main application fails to register the new version. I saw a case where a plugin displayed the updated version on its private page while the HS3 updater continued to show the previous version.

Will be interested to see if this is fixed when HS gets off it's "beta" merry-go-round.
                  I am currently on 409, but this issue has been haunting me for some ver back.
                  I several plug pending for update. I updated chrome and still the same issue.
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                    I am currently on 409, but this issue has been haunting me for some ver back.
                    I several plug pending for update. I updated chrome and still the same issue.
                    Its not the browser - its an HS3 issue.

Make sure you disable the plugin before attempting to update. That sometimes helps.

Comment

Just noticed the issue crop up here of the sticky plugin. I am currently running HS3 Lite and HS3 Pro V.420 on Linux. I only saw the issue on the HS3 Pro machine. The plugin was updated and the update lingered in the update list until I shut down Homeseer and restarted it. I have never seen this before HS3 V.420. Also noticed that the updater slowed down a bunch while doing this update and for a while thought it was just a transport issue.

Thank you Hector and zwolfpack.

I reposted this under the HS3 Beta V.420 section of the forum.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I have all sorts of random, intermittent issues with the updater.

I HIGHLY dislike that it reloads the plugin listing EVERY TIME I enable or disable a plugin.

It should remember that I just came to the plugin update screen and it just downloaded the control file. Maybe it downloads automatically when you first go to the screen, and then only downloads again, if you press the update button? That would be a much better solution IMO.

Comment

"Maybe it downloads automatically when you first go to the screen, and then only downloads again, if you press the update button? That would be a much better solution IMO."

+10

Comment

Working...
                          X