Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU Heavy?

Hi,

Does this plugin require heavy cpu processing on the HS machine? Or does the sensor itself take care of the processing required for VR, presence, gesture, etc?

Thanks.

The plugin does most of the processing, so yes it can be quite CPU intensive.
    Note that in the latest version it's possible to disable the camera features or the voice recognition features, so for example if you are using voice recognition only, disabling camera features can save some CPU as the plugin won't analyze camera streams to detect presence, postures and gestures.

Comment

I tried the plugin and it uses 10% of a quad core CPU. Is there any chance of reduce that type of load? Perhaps reducing the camera's framerate?

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
        I tried the plugin and it uses 10% of a quad core CPU. Is there any chance of reduce that type of load? Perhaps reducing the camera's framerate?
        Are you only using one Kinect? If one were to use, say, 5 sensors would the load be a steady 50%?
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I've only tried one. I'd like to use two but at 20% CPU, I'm apprehensive.

Comment

I will try to see if it's possible to reduce camera's frame rate, but whatever I do I guess the level of processing needed to analyze audio and video stream will stay high.

Comment

Working...
            X