IR recommendation for HS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR recommendation for HS2

Hi, I have an HS2 system and I would like to get a quick and reliable way to get IR commands in and out of the system. I have a Xantech IR network in the house - so I can easily plug into this. In the past I had a JDS IR Xpander, I haven't used it for a long time and it does not appear to be working now using the plugin for homeseer. I figured that there was something more up to date and probably USB that would be plug an play. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I would use Global Cache products which can interface into your Xantech system (with a special cable I believe). Both HST and UltraJones have plugins for both HS2 and HS3 for them.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. I just found an old electro-home 9 pin serial to IR unit that I had in my workshop. I don't know if there is a driver for this? I checked their web site and they only seem to provide drivers for the USB unit, presumably a later model. I can't find anything on the forum about this so I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? I will be looking at the Global Cache units in the meantime! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X