Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing/usage Modbus 3.8.6121.22741

Major bugs:

Device string will not be updated, see https://board.homeseer.com/showpost....19&postcount=1 reported on 22NOV2016, also see https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...85&postcount=1, reported by Jan on 05 October 2016

Minor bug(s):

- None

Feature request(s):

- Close COM port after disabling gateway, see http://forums.homeseer.com/showpost....2&postcount=17 added 04March2016

- option for a device that the device string will not be displayed, see https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...12&postcount=1 added 10 December 2016

Limitation(s):
    Use of CAPI handler required to use events (is becomming a bigger issue)

---
    John

Hi John. Can you clear the device string on one of your devices by running:

hs.setdevicestring(<dvRef>,"",True) where <dvRef> is replaced by the device reference.

This will clear the device string completely. Then use the "Status Graphics" page to add a range value with prefix/suffice/decimal places, etc.

This should give you the best of both worlds, an updated device string (the major bug) and the feature request (for unique status strings based on values).
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
      Hi John. Can you clear the device string on one of your devices by running:

hs.setdevicestring(<dvRef>,"",True) where <dvRef> is replaced by the device reference.

This will clear the device string completely. Then use the "Status Graphics" page to add a range value with prefix/suffice/decimal places, etc.

This should give you the best of both worlds, an updated device string (the major bug) and the feature request (for unique status strings based on values).
      Hi Beerygaz,

Tested it this evening. It seems to work-out OK. Need to experience it in real as for each status change I need to clear the device string.

Thanks for all the support.

---
      John

Comment

No, you should only need to clear it once if you're running the latest version of the plugin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

No, you should only need to clear it once if you're running the latest version of the plugin.

I tested it with HS3 Pro 3.0.0.318 and Modbus PI 3.7.5894.16328 as the latest version dos not work out for me.

But I'm convinced that it will work.

---
          John

Comment

John what in the latest version does not work for you? Was it only the device string issue?

Comment

John what in the latest version does not work for you? Was it only the device string issue?

IT was the device string issue. As I m using the deviceloger PI I will create useless graphs with the latest version of the modbus PI.

---
              John

Comment

Ok. I think I have solved that issue. The device string will no longer be updated by the PI. It will be set to whatever prefix/value/suffix you use in the status graphic tab of the device.

Comment

Ok. I think I have solved that issue. The device string will no longer be updated by the PI. It will be set to whatever prefix/value/suffix you use in the status graphic tab of the device.

That would be a great improvement.

---
                  John

Comment

Would you be prepared to beta test for me? If you mail me on Gavin @ Highpeak dot co dot za I'll send you a beta.

Comment

Would you be prepared to beta test for me? If you mail me on Gavin @ Highpeak dot co dot za I'll send you a beta.

Email send

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Nope, still no mail from you on gavin<at>highpeak.co.za

Comment

Nope, still no mail from you on gavin<at>highpeak.co.za

Hi Beerygaz,

You received my e-mail?

---
                          John

Comment

Yup, beta should be in your inbox by now.

Comment

Nothing received yet

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X