Possible Bug in 3.1.0.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Bug in 3.1.0.22

I think I've discovered a bug in latest plugin.

When an announcement runs and the player was off (not actively playing something just before the announcement), the radiostation gets reset to No Radio. As an example, if Mommas Room radiostation is set to Y69.9 and is off, after the announcement plays, the station is set to No Radio. This is true for both Homeseer and the Sonos App. On the old version, the radiostation would reset back to Y69.9.

The reason this is important for me is that my mother in law likes to just push the button on the Sonos unit to play her music and when the station is set to No Radio, nothing plays. Using the phone app is beyond her, unfortunately.

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
    I think I've discovered a bug in latest plugin.

When an announcement runs and the player was off (not actively playing something just before the announcement), the radiostation gets reset to No Radio. As an example, if Mommas Room radiostation is set to Y69.9 and is off, after the announcement plays, the station is set to No Radio. This is true for both Homeseer and the Sonos App. On the old version, the radiostation would reset back to Y69.9.

The reason this is important for me is that my mother in law likes to just push the button on the Sonos unit to play her music and when the station is set to No Radio, nothing plays. Using the phone app is beyond her, unfortunately.
    Check your firewall.
    Simple test, check the status on the Homeseer device page, if you play the radiostation, is the status updated? If not, your firewall is not allowing autonomous messages to come through.
    Dirk

Comment

When I play a station from sonos app, the status in homeseer updates as expected. When I play a station from Homeseer, the homeseer status updates and the Sonos app updates.

I have Sonos and HS3 allowed on my firewall and I am running HS3 as administator.

Comment

When I play a station from sonos app, the status in homeseer updates as expected. When I play a station from Homeseer, the homeseer status updates and the Sonos app updates.

I have Sonos and HS3 allowed on my firewall and I am running HS3 as administator.
        Turn debug flag on, capture you turning the player on to the radiostation, do the announcement, wait until completely done (note a streaming radio station can take many seconds to establish streaming), take log and post.
        Dirk

Comment

I had Sonos allowed on firewall for private network. I didn't have public network allowed. So I added that and now I can't recreate the bug. So I guess it was a firewall issue after all.

Comment

I had Sonos allowed on firewall for private network. I didn't have public network allowed. So I added that and now I can't recreate the bug. So I guess it was a firewall issue after all.
            Don't recall making any changes to that code between the two versions, so behavior should have been the same.
            Now if you were to test this right after you restart the PI or HS, I can see that this might not do exactly what you want it to do, but once you played this and the PI has all the dynamic data/state, it should work. When I read your email again, I was a bit concerned because reverting a player to a stopped state (prior to announcement) is one thing, having all its state what it was doing before it was stopped, I think will on occasion cause issues.

Comment

I will continue testing and update you what I find.

Comment

Seems like the issue I described has vanished.

But I am seeing this error several times a day. The announcement fails to play on this player. What does it mean?

ERROR in PlayURI for zoneplayer = Master Bedroom with UPNP Error = Read only tag / Transport is locked / Access denied. URI=x-rincon:RINCON_5CAAFDE3104401400 and isObjectID = False, MetaData=http://192.168.0.97:8080/images/Sonos/Announcement.jpgHomeSeer Announcementobject.item.audioItem.musicTrackDirk CorsusSonosControllerDirk Corsus, Error =MyUPnPService.InvokeAction for ServiceID = http://192.168.0.238:1400/xml/AVTransport1.xml while sending Action = SetAVTransportURI for URI = http://192.168.0.238:1400/MediaRende...nsport/Control and Request = 0 x-rincon:RINCON_5CAAFDE3104401400 <DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><item id="-1" parentID="-1" restricted="true"><upnp:albumArtURI>http://192.168.0.97:8080/images/Sonos/Announcement.jpg</upnp:albumArtURI><dc:title>HomeSeer Announcement</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.musicTrack</upnp:class><dc:creator>Dirk Corsus</dc:creator><upnp:album>SonosController</upnp:album><r:albumArtist>Dirk Corsus</r:albumArtist></item></DIDL-Lite> UPNP Error = faultcode = s:Client, faultstring = UPnPError, detail = 501 with error = The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Comment

Seems like the issue I described has vanished.

But I am seeing this error several times a day. The announcement fails to play on this player. What does it mean?
                  What kind of player is this? (maybe screenshot of the player table)
                  How many and what kind of players do you have?
                  How are your players connected? Which one wired, which one wireless?
                  Do you have issues with your network?

Dirk

Comment

All but the Rec Room players are wirelessly connected to network. I have a main router and two other routers configured as bridge with same wireless SSID and I don't think I have any network issues. I reserved players IP addresses using DHCP reservation on router. I use Jon00 network monitor and all the players ping readily without timeouts. I have the database on the Rec Room player.

The error has come up on other players, but mostly master bedroom.
                    Attached Files

Comment

All but the Rec Room players are wirelessly connected to network. I have a main router and two other routers configured as bridge with same wireless SSID and I don't think I have any network issues. I reserved players IP addresses using DHCP reservation on router. I use Jon00 network monitor and all the players ping readily without timeouts. I have the database on the Rec Room player.

The error has come up on other players, but mostly master bedroom.
                      Could you post the linkgroup table as well

Comment

This is the linkgroup table that I use for announcements. I have others for each room that I dont use. I can post those if needed. I change the rooms and volumes of the announcement linkgroup as discussed in this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...61#post1318461

One thing I've noticed this morning is that the Masterbedroom announcement does work but it cuts in and out at the beginning and then follows through normally after that. No errors in log.

One thing to note is that Masterbedroom player is definitely connected to network from the wireless bridge and not the main router. The bridge is connected on same subnet as router so there should be no NAT issue that I can think of. Also, there are other players connected on that bridge that have no issues.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Went through my logs and noticed the same error going back as far as I looked. This was way before I updated to 3.1.0.22. Guess I never noticed it before.

I think I found something: The error is only happening on S1 players and not on others. One of these players is wirelessly connected to the router and not the bridge so I think that possibility is eliminated.

Comment

Went through my logs and noticed the same error going back as far as I looked. This was way before I updated to 3.1.0.22. Guess I never noticed it before.

I think I found something: The error is only happening on S1 players and not on others. One of these players is wirelessly connected to the router and not the bridge so I think that possibility is eliminated.
                            Randy did an extensive experiment a while back. His recommendation is to not wire any player, just use the Sonos bridge and SonosNet to have all players communicate.

There is a lot of traffic that is caused between all players when they get grouped and given you have quite a few players, the traffic goes up exponentially. So there could be 3 causes here:

a/ the PI issues the command and the player is not in the correct state yet and rejects the command. Could be caused by slow networks, many players that participate etc.
                            b/ there are conflicts between wired connections and SonosNet and perhaps commands arrive out of sequence, causing the same issue as above.
                            c/ there are network issues, the fact that the announcement "stutters" seems to suggest temporary congestion or queuing, which could be caused if you have routers in your network as opposed to non-blocking HW based switches.

One last remark, I did notice that you have some scripting going on, there is always a chance that the script is part of the problem here. You wrote one of the S1s seems to error, is this a paired player? Are you using this as a source or as a destination in any of your scripts? If it is a paired player, there is a "master" and a "slave". The prior is the only player that you can communicate to, the latter will reject everything (similar to your error). The PI tries to take care of routing all messages to the right player, but maybe again a race-condition.

Dirk

Comment

I think its something to do with the S1s which are the older version Play 1. Only these are giving errors. The S12s which are the newer version Play 1 never give errors and I have two of them. I'm not sure what the difference is, but there must be something.

None of my S1s are paired or grouped and none are used as source for announcements.

I only use scripting to change linkgroups twice a day for morning and evening volume settings and the errors aren't related to that.

I will make all players wireless and see what happens. Ill also change the player source and see if that makes any difference.

I can say that the errors happen randomly and don't appear to be related to whether another announcement just played.

I guess if all else fails, I might upgrade the masterbedroom speaker to a Play5 to improve sound quality and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X