Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X10 Universal Module & X10 universal Sender Module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 Universal Module & X10 universal Sender Module?

Hello Bruce,

I have an x10 um7206 universal switch module that accepts an x10 code and switches 24 VDC via relay contact closure. I don't see a selection for this module in the device drop down list. Seems I could select the appliance module as all I'm doing is sending it an x10 signal. Would this be correct for this module?

I also have an sm10 Universal sender module that converts a relay contact closure input to an x10 signal code that is transmitted to homeseer. Not sure how to handle this guy. I know x10 signals can be received by homeseer but not sure how to handle this device with the plugin. Again no selection for this device in the drop dropdown menu for x10 devices?

Your help on these two issues is much appreciated and thanks again !!!!!! Rick

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
    Hello Bruce,

I have an x10 um7206 universal switch module that accepts an x10 code and switches 24 VDC via relay contact closure. I don't see a selection for this module in the device drop down list. Seems I could select the appliance module as all I'm doing is sending it an x10 signal. Would this be correct for this module?

I also have an sm10 Universal sender module that converts a relay contact closure input to an x10 signal code that is transmitted to homeseer. Not sure how to handle this guy. I know x10 signals can be received by homeseer but not sure how to handle this device with the plugin. Again no selection for this device in the drop dropdown menu for x10 devices?

Your help on these two issues is much appreciated and thanks again !!!!!! Rick
    I've always picked "appliance module" since I'm just sending/receiving ON/OFF commands. I'm not sure the universal module or the powerflash modules were ever in the list all the way back to HS1.

Barry

Comment

Hi Rick,
      X10 support is limited with the plugin, I don't use X10 and all my customers have switched to RA2, Z-Wave, or UPB. The plan was not to support x10 at all but I ended up having a user here send me a bunch of devices I was able to use for development.

But as Barry said, the appliance module should work for the um7206. If the sm10 sends an x10 on and off, the motion sensor may work for you.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
      X