This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes Speakers plug-in - General Information

This plug-in is designed to allow HomeSeer to control iTunes speakers. It can switch on/off and adjust volume for any of the speakers (local or AirPlay) you can see in iTunes. Used together with one of the available iTunes plug-in or script, it's a simple and cheap solution for a multi zone audio system integrated in HomeSeer.

Installation Instructions:
    1. Download and install the plugin from the HS updater
    2. Restart HS and enable the iTunes Speakers plugin from the Setup / Interfaces page
    3. Go to to the iTunesSpeakers Config page and follow instructions to pair the plugin with the iTunes instance you want to control.

Notes:

This plugin needs the Apple Bonjour service to run on your HomeSeer machine. If you have installed iTunes (or most of other Apple software), it should already be installed.
    If it isn't, you can download it from the following links:
    64bits version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0lhdxpbd19go4i/Bonjour64.msi
    32bits version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkoi00zvlhxx2cn/Bonjour.msi

Please give me your feedback in this forum, and let me know about any issues or additional feature requirements.

I hope you enjoy using the plug-in and find it useful.

spud

Hi!
    Hs can't find airplay speakers so I can't control them from hstouch
    But from tablet with stock android interface I can
    Can you please explain me how to right add airplay speaker on hs touch buttons?
    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by gianbevi View Post
      Hi!
      Hs can't find airplay speakers so I can't control them from hstouch
      But from tablet with stock android interface I can
      Can you please explain me how to right add airplay speaker on hs touch buttons?
      Thank you
      Have you installed Bonjour?
      Have you paired the plugin with iTunes as explained here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=159716?

Comment

Yes all done but the strange thing is that when I try to command them from android tablet they works but from touch screen attached to homeseer server it doesn't work and,from homeseer log I can see that device hasn't been found

Comment

Yes all done but the strange thing is that when I try to command them from android tablet they works but from touch screen attached to homeseer server it doesn't work and,from homeseer log I can see that device hasn't been found
          not sure I understand.
          it works from hstouch on android, but not from hstouch on your touch screens? If so, it looks like a hstouch problem...
          can you post the logs?

Comment

02/02/2014 16.59.49 - iTunesSpeakers - ButtonPressEx: cannot find device1FF3092C0A

Comment

Can it help?

Comment

this with android

02/02/2014 17.09.24 - HSTouch Server - IP address connecting: 78.5.253.144 port:58663
                02/02/2014 17.09.45 - Device Control - Command sent to 1st Floor iTunes Speaker MUSICA BAGNO: ^6 Value Set Dimval: 101 Data: 0
                02/02/2014 17.09.45 - iTunesSpeakers - Device Found: 0
                02/02/2014 17.09.45 - iTunesSpeakers - Device Found: 1FF3092C0A
                02/02/2014 17.09.45 - iTunesSpeakers - Device Found: 1FF3091DC2
                02/02/2014 17.09.45 - iTunesSpeakers - Device Found: 5855CA477169
                02/02/2014 17.09.45 - Device Control - Command sent to 1st Floor iTunes Speaker MUSICA BAGNO: ^6 Value Set Dimval: 101 Data: 0

Comment

I resolved with sliders but toggle on/off buttons still doesn't work.....

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

sorry, but this is a bit confusing, could you provide more detailed information.

What exactly isn't working? On what platform?
                    Could you provide a simple way to for me to replicate this problem? Thanks

Comment

If you ,on hs touch designer,will make a button controlling homeseer device"iTunes speaker"homeseer doesn't find it like wrote on the log...
                      Another problem is that every time I restart my hs pc I must relog your plugin to itunes manually...
                      Can you make it auto relogging?

Comment

If you ,on hs touch designer,will make a button controlling homeseer device"iTunes speaker"homeseer doesn't find it like wrote on the log...
                        sorry for the delay
                        I just tried to control an iTunes Speaker device from HSTouch (default template) on an iPad and it worked
                        Does it work when you try to control the speaker from the Status page?
                        Are you sure the plugin is logged to iTunes? This is the only case I can think of why it would say it can't find the speaker.

Another problem is that every time I restart my hs pc I must relog your plugin to itunes manually...
                        Can you make it auto relogging?
                        If iTunes is started before HS, it should login automatically.
                        I will see if I can make it auto login even if iTunes is started after.

Comment

Yes logged in and all the rest...

I can control it from iPad and android.
                          My problem is only on pcs ....
                          I can control them from hs web interface

I can't start first itunes because often hs doesn't connect to iTunes...so I must start first homeseer that auto start itunes and then,in hs web interface,log in your plugin...

Thank you

Comment

Can i control an itunes session running on a mac?

Comment

Can i control an itunes session running on a mac?
                              Yes, this is supposed to work

Comment

Working...
                              X