X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Event Processing Order???

Hi,

Is there anyway to fine tune the order in which events get fired. For example, say I have some events that are set to trigger off of the same thing, but one event has a condition in it based on the other event. I need to control the order in which these two events get triggered.

I believe the latest update may have changed the way this sort of thing use to work as I now have some events that don't work as expected. It seems to me to boil down to the order of processing.

Can anyone point me to info on this? Is it based on event ID # in the DB, the type of trigger, name of the event...what?

Again, the basic jist is I have two events that are suppose to run at the same time, but I need one to run just before the other one.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Nevermind. I found a work around. My initial problem was in the fact that Set to On and Set to Off wasn't working correctly w/ my Insteon devices. Set to 0 and Set to 100 do work though.

Later,
    Mike
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Bump on this one

I actually would like to know what order the events are processed. I have two events with the same trigger (remote control button) and I'd like one specific event to run before another specific event.

Of the two, the second in the list of events always runs before the first one. It's not alphabetical and I can't seem to find any correlation of which ones run first.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Have the last action in the first event you want to run trigger the second event rather than triggering it off the remote control button. You can even put in a 'wait' command if needed.
        Dick
        HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Working...
        X