Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man Trig Event - does Run Only if other Event Conditions are True apply ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Trig Event - does Run Only if other Event Conditions are True apply ?

Can someone please explain why this event runs irregardless of the door being open or closed ? (see attached)

Does the manual trigger negate the "Run Only if other Event Conditions are TRUE" checkbox ?

I've read and re-read the Event Clinic information, but I'm still confused.

Thanks,
    Jack
    Attached Files

Originally posted by chargernut69 View Post
    Can someone please explain why this event runs irregardless of the door being open or closed ? (see attached)

Does the manual trigger negate the "Run Only if other Event Conditions are TRUE" checkbox ?

I've read and re-read the Event Clinic information, but I'm still confused.

Thanks,
    Jack
    How are you triggering this event? The event you posted will run if manually triggered. Its one condition will be ignored if the event is run from the run button on the Event Management page. If it is called from another event, the condition will be ignored or honored, depending on if "Run only if other event conditions are TRUE" is checked. The conditions in the event being called from this event will be honored, regardless of how this event is triggered.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I am triggering the event from my iphone by running from the HS Touch "Events" ...

Comment

I am triggering the event from my iphone by running from the HS Touch "Events" ...
        When an Event is run from HSTouch, Conditions are ignored. You can trigger a manual Event from HSTouch, which in turn triggers another Event. The second event's Conditions will be honored if the ""Run Only if other Event Conditions are TRUE" checkbox is selected in the first.

Comment

Can you explain how to "trigger a manual Event from HSTouch, which in turn triggers another Event" ? or perhaps an example ? Thanks....

To my knowledge, none of the event clinic information explains this....

Comment

To clarify further, the screen shot you posted includes a check of the 'Run only if...' box, but that will apply to the 'Testing Tirn on/off hall light' event. You do not include an image of it, so it's not clear what the conditions on that event are.

As for the original trigger, that is a bit non-intuitive. In order to get an HSTouch button trigger to honor conditions, as Randy notes, you need an extra event. Trigger the first event with HSTouch, that event will have an action, to run the event 'Test - is door open ?', and it will need to specify to run it only if the conditions are true.

It's a bit convoluted, but that's the way it is.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Can you explain how to "trigger a manual Event from HSTouch, which in turn triggers another Event" ?
              Trigger it the same way as you do the event you have.

To my knowledge, none of the event clinic information explains this....
              Documentation is not one of HST's strong points.
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Ok, so this appears to work now... and so I guess I need to select "Run only if other event conditions are true" for both events ?

Also, HS Touch will show all these Events on the display ? this will result in a very cluttered display if I need 2 events for each manual triggered one... No way to mask events on HS Touch ? Guess I need to buy designer ?

Here is my test program that seems to work --
                Attached Files

Comment

Ok, so this appears to work now... and so I guess I need to select "Run only if other event conditions are true" for both events ?

Also, HS Touch will show all these Events on the display ? this will result in a very cluttered display if I need 2 events for each manual triggered one... No way to mask events on HS Touch ? Guess I need to buy designer ?

Here is my test program that seems to work --
                  If you wanted Conditions honored in both Events you call you would need "Run only if other event conditions are true" in both the calling Events. Your third Event has no Conditions, so that setting will not matter. I don't see why the second and third events can't be a single event, unless you use the "Turn on/off hall light" Event with other Events.

You can also group events designed to be launched by HSTouch in their own group. I put mine in in a group that appears at the top of the list.

I also have a number of virtual devices for launching events that I can control in HSTouch. For example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	1194837

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1194838

This Virtual Device initiates a reboot of all Z-Nets, shuts down HomeSeer and restarts the server. The event is triggered by setting the Virtual Device and the Event turns the device off. You can also make the execution conditional, since the trigger is the changing of the Virtual Device, rather than manually launching the Event.

I use a single control device with an immediate script to reset it so that I have a single button "Reboot", but it could also use a standard On - Off Device. The 2 second delay is so that I can see visual confirmation the button was pressed.

Comment

ok... thanks everyone for the help.

Comment

Are conditions ignored when an event is triggered by a JSON call.

I am triggering an HS3 txt message from a JSON command from my security camera but only if I am away from the house.

Steve Q
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                        Are conditions ignored when an event is triggered by a JSON call.

I am triggering an HS3 txt message from a JSON command from my security camera but only if I am away from the house.

Steve Q
                        Based on HSTouch and Echo voice control behavior, it is safe to guess that conditions will be ignored. You will need an intermediate event.

Comment

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Comment

Any way to get rid of these log entries?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X