Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win XP, Homeseer start up After Power Failure

Good Day!

I know this is a very novice question but I searched and simply can not find an answer.

When power goes out at home and my computer restarts, it is hanging on the XP log in Windows. In order to finish the boot up and run homeseer I have to press (CTRL, ALT, DEL), press Enter as my user has no XP Password.

Only then will Homeseer start. Any ideas?

There's a HomeSeer KB article on this. Look here:http://www.homeseer.com/cgi-bin/helpdesk/kb.cgi

Then in the HomeSeer general section look for Auto starting HomeSeer
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Thanks for taking a look at my question, however, I should have been more specific. I have HomeSeer starting correctly once I pass the user log in screen in XP, as HomeSeer is in the Start Up folder. I was hoping someone out there had a quick fix for the XP log in issue as mentioned in previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thchild View Post
        Rupp,

Thanks for taking a look at my question, however, I should have been more specific. I have HomeSeer starting correctly once I pass the user log in screen in XP, as HomeSeer is in the Start Up folder. I was hoping someone out there had a quick fix for the XP log in issue as mentioned in previous post.
        Did you look at the KB article? Part of it shows how to auto login to XP.

Comment

Wasn't there a program called "tweak ui" that allowed log in's to be bypassed ?

Not sure if it was OK for xp or not ?

Neil
          Neil
          Newmarket Ontario

Comment

tweak ui is available for xp and one of the things it does is auto admin login - it's a couple of reg keys (as per kb article) or goto microsoft.com and look for tweak ui xp.

Malarcy

Comment

Rupp,

I did find it, sorry! I was confused, but the article you pointed me to, was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again!

Comment

I 'think' (been a while) you can run this command from the "Start" "Run" menu to set the autologin up:

control userpasswords2
                --------------------------------------------------
                **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

It's here:
                  http://www.homeseer.com/cgi-bin/help...iew=20&lang=en

Comment

To bybass windows login screen...
                    Type in "control userpasswords2" at run command;
                    Select the user you want to be the default login:
                    Uncheck the prompt for login at the top of the window;
                    Click on OK.
                    A screen will pop up asking to enter user name password to login without entering password. If there is no password for that account leave blank and click on OK.

Comment

Working...
                    X