Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Bit of Trouble

Working on getting XAP1 wire setup.

Having a little bit of trouble get this setup right. Looks like my temp sensor are also created as switches. only the switchs show up in Hs And cannot chart yet.

Can Anybody point me in the right direction ?

-Zap
    Attached Files
    -Mike-

-Home automation powered by the wind and sun-
    Zotac 9300g-Q9400s-4gb ram-Intel 120 SSD-MS XP
    HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts
    W2c,Ztroller,z-wave+18,Q100D's,Silex 3000gb
    Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 on top of Xenserve
    Zoneminder 1.24.2 - Ubuntu 11.04 x64 Zotac D525 atom

Each sensor processed by xapmcs1wire can have up to 7 values reported. In the case of a temperature sensor there are two. The first position is the temperature and the second position is a switch discrete where the discrete is ON when the temperature is above the calibration threshold and OFF when below it. There is a dead zone around the threshold point so the ON/OFF does not toggle at the thrreshold. If you have no use for the discrete then "R"eject or at least dont "A"ccept it in xapmcs1Wire so it does not get transfered to Homeseer. After you setup xapmcs1Wire then you can delete the devices from Homeseer.

You can distinguish position 1 vs position 2 based upon the UID of the device. Even numbered ones will be Temperature and odd numbered ones will be discretes for the DS18S20 and similiar devices.

Comment

Micheal,

I had set the discretes to R and the Temps to A.
      The UID of the devices were all even number in HS, but still showed up as switches and not temps.

Been playing with this all day and is probably simple, I must be over looking something.

-Zap
      -Mike-

HS 2.5.0.20, BLlan,BLweather,MCSXap,Jon00 graphing,Jon00 Whois,Snevl/Ten WeatherAlerts

Comment

HS2 handles device types differently than HS1 and makes some assumptions about device behavior based up the device type setting. I have a help desk ticket open where I asked for some information on how I should setup devices based upon this new interpretation of device type. No response yet on the ticket. I would just use the HS2 device properties editor and change the device type to something else.

It does seem, however, that you indicating that the value sent over the LAN is the switch value rather than the temperature value even though you have the switch "R"ejected and the temperature "A"ccepted in xapmcs1Wire. Setting "A" there puts it onto the LAN. The viewer snapshot you posted shows only temperatures being transmitted so if this is still the case then move onto the next gateway in the next paragraph.

Have you also done the same with the device list in mcsXap. Are you letting the message from the LAN into Homeseer devices by "A" of the temperature? If you still are getting nowhere then you can edit \Data\mcsxap.mdb so the device code align with the message. It will be the xapbsc table.

Comment

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I now have mcsxap 1-wire up and running with temp output in HS.

Now I'll add the other 21 sensors and resetup the events had for them.

Michael,
          Again Thanks for the help.

-Zap
          -Mike-

Comment

Working...
          X