Wrong sunup and sundown............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong sunup and sundown............

Well, running 2.2.0.66 with 'manual entry' for lat and lon, I am getting sunrise and sundown 1 hour off. I have restarted HS, changed to fixed location, restarted again, and still off. Now back to manual entry. Any ideas and/or solutions on this?

Is your PC clock correct? Is your time zone set correct on the PC? If you select an area near you are the values correct?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Clock is correct...

Rupp,
      PC clock is correct and Time zone is correct (PST).
      I changed from 'manual input' to 'location' (Oakland, CA).
      Restarted HS between each change.
      No luck.
      Now back to my 'manual' input location, with HS restart.
      Last edited by ; March 10, 2008, 10:47 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Didn't daylight savings time just happen? (Here in Arizona we don't do daylight savings time) do you have those settings correct?
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?
        I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

There was a patch put out sometime last year to adjust the PC's clock for the new DST adjustments. Do you have this patch?

Comment

patch

Rupp,
            I do not recall. I recently rebuilt the computer, so I may not. I have manually adjusted the computer clock. Why would this make any difference? Doesn't HS calculate the sunrise and sunset based on the system clock and location, regardless of what reality?

Comment

HomeSeer uses both the system clock, time zone setting and the coordinates. Is your time zone correct?

Comment

time zone, etc

Rupp,
                yes, time zone is correct as stated earlier. PST.
                latitude and longitude are correct, to within a few hundred feet.

Comment

windoze patch

Ok, I found the xp daylight savings time patch and applied it.
                  HS's sunup and sundown look correct. I still don't understand what you all are doing in the programming.

Comment

Working...
                  X