X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Communication

Hi Guy's
    My hard drive crashed so I loaded HS2 on another laptop. I have just an insteon setup with the older signal lincs, a PLC interface. I am trying to add devices either manually or by tapping but cannot link anything.
    I have had this setup for 5 months with the old laptop with no problem but now no links?
    When I try linking the interface light blink as does the device, what am I missing?

doesn't the PLC still have all the old links? do you need to reset it to clear them out if you want to relink everything?

I guess you loaded the SDM?

what's your hs2 backup plan for next time
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes I had a back up plan and loaded the backed up HS file and all was good but I could not get any communication between the interface and switches.
      After numerous attempts I moved the interface to another outlet and life has returned to normal

Comment

glad to hear you got it going again. wonder why moving to a different outlet made that much of a difference? did you have a ups or some other signal sucker plugged into the original outlet along with the plc?
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Nothing else was plugged into the outlet, it was strange because I could see the signals between the device and the interface but it would not show as communicating. As soon as I moved the interface to a different out communication was restored immediately.

Comment

I wonder... I wonder if "resetting" the PLC by unplugging and plugging it back in is what really did the trick when you moved it to another outlet. I wouldn't be surprised if it would continue to work if you move it back to the original outlet at this point.

-Randy

Comment

Working...
            X