Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ARC remote stopped working on 15.0.0.21

Hi Bert,

I am having issues receiving ARC remote signals since I upgraded my plugin.

(Transceiver RfXtrx433 with firmware 71)

Yesterday I upgraded my plugin to 15.0.0.21, mainly to help me when I come to migrate to HS3, with the ability to transfer my Rfxcom devices.

After I restarted HS, my Homeeasy remote (ARC type) stopped working. I shutdown HS so I could check the receipt with Rfxmngr. Rfxmngr failed to receive status information from it, although the COM port seemed to connect ok.

I stopped RFXmngr, unplugged the USB lead to the RFXtrx, plugged it back in again and restarted Rfxmngr. All of the settings in terms of the enabled protocols seem to had reset back to defaults. I set them to what I need (OS, ARC, AD, AC) and I could see the remote signals coming in ok.

I then restarted HS and the ARC remote worked fine. But then about an hour or so later, they stopped responding again. I have left it in this state now in case there is anything you want me to check for info/debug.

I turned on level 2 debug and enabled debug for Receiver debug but nothing appears in the HS log when I press a button on the remote.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    John

Configure the RFXtrx433 with RFXmngr,
    enable OS, LightwaveRF, ARC and AC
    Click "Save Settings"

The configuration is now saved in the RFXtrx433 and a restart should restore the correct settings.

Comment

That's what I already did Bert.

I have just stopped HS and started RFXmngr and I have the same issue again. When connecting to the port, the reply is:

================================================
      Reset receiver/transceiver:0D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
      ================================================
      Get Status:0D 00 00 01 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

When I power cycled the RFXtrx and went back into RFXmngr, the enabled protocols had been lost again.

I have set the protocols back and restarted RFXmngr to confirm they "stuck".

After restarting HS, the ARC remote now works, so will see if it lasts longer this time.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

If it happens again please enable debug level 1 on the receivers.
        Send the HS log to support rfxcom

Comment

Hi Bert,

It has happened again, where there is no response to ARC remotes (although transmitting was ok).
          I turned on debug as requested but there were no entries made to the HS log when receiver buttons were pressed.
          Once I power cycled the RfxTrx, the protocols set had been lost again. When I set them back to my requirements and restarted the plugin, it started working again, responding to remotes.

John

Comment

I suppose there is a problem with the USB port.
            I have seen this before on systems with a power problem on the USB port and the solution was to connect the RFXtrx433 on an USB hub.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Will look into it.

Comment

Working...
              X