No announcement yet.

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing is you have to remove Mono 4.5.1 before installation of the new mono.

Not sure if you scrambled your mono installation.

Try deleting new mono first.

sudo apt-get remove mono-complete

This is the way that I deleted it old mono 4.5. Try this next. I think this will delete anything related to mono which is what you want to do
    before installing new mono. Make sure HomeSeer is not running when you are doing this stuff.

sudo apt-get purge libmono* cli-common mono-runtime or mono-complete

then after and before installing mono 5.4 check to make sure that mono 4.5 is gone by

doing a mono -V.

Here is what it looks like with most current version of mono.

Pine64:~# mono -V
    Mono JIT compiler version 5.4.1.6 (tarball Wed Nov 8 21:20:16 UTC 2017)
    Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com

Also if you have updated from mono 3.28 to mono 5.4 check you event triggers as they might not be there.

For HomeSeer 3 you only need to install:

1 - sudo apt-get install mono-complete
    2 - sudo apt-get install mono-vbnc
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by efrey View Post
      Thanks for sharing the link. That is what I had used in my attempts.

I followed the instructions on the mono-project.com website (although did not download Dirmngr and issued the sudo commands manually. I'll try again later tonight.)

The puzzling thing is that I can see it download and install all the 5.4.1 files, but at the end of the day the "mono --version" still displays 4.5.1.

What am I missing? Do I need to remove something manually? (I recall it was located something like /etc/sbin/mono. Not sure about /etc path but I do recall the whereis command showed it to be in sbin.)
      I'm assuming you are removing and completely purging the current version of Mono on your SD card. Others have done this but it's not a particularly easy job

Remember if you do not add the key for the repository correctly you will only get what version of Mono is currently in your Raspbian repository. The fact that you are not told that you need dirmngr during installation makes me think you are not adding the latest repository.

Don't forget to use sudo apt-get update after you add the repository so your repository can see the latest update.

I hope you imaged your SD card before you started making changes to it.

Comment

I tried several times to uninstall mono 4.5.1 before installing 5.4.1, but without success. Seems like whatever I try, the old 4.5.1 sticks around -- even after doing the remove and purge commands Pete and Concordseer suggested.

For one last attempt, I didn't remove anything and just did the mono install for Raspbian 8 per the www.mono-project.com website, and now I find two mono executables:
        - /usr/bin/mono (which is the 5.4.1.6 version)
        - /usr/local/bin/mono (which is the 4.5.1 version)

I also discovered the default $PATH for both root and homeseer searches in /usr/local/bin before /usr/bin. Hence why the old version was always found when I simply typed mono --version.

It seems that the apt-get commands didn't find the /usr/local/bin version and didn't remove anything. The other thing to note is that I was never prompted to install dirmngr ... so not sure what was going on there.

Just for kicks, I tried running sudo /usr/bin/mono HSConsole.exe and it seemed to work. However, I am not comfortable with running things this way, so I am going to restore my sdcard image and move on to other things.

Since I don't immediately need the SSL feature, I may just wait for Rich to create a new ZEE S2 image that has an updated mono installed.

Again, thanks for trying to help me, and perhaps this info will be useful to someone else attempting to upgrade to mono 5.4.1 on a ZEE S2.

Comment

Hm. . .just had ZWave plugin crash on me tonight. . .so decided it was time to upgrade HS as well. . .and just loaded .398 and we'll see how it goes.

Seems like my ZWave lights are responding faster (like they used to before ZWave .152). . .probably seeing the new events processing speed increase. Still obvious lag with Linked Bulbs. . .

Another thing, I noticed that the service I have setup to start HS automatically has --log after it. . .is there really a reason it should be starting this way?

Comment

Originally posted by efrey View Post
            I tried several times to uninstall mono 4.5.1 before installing 5.4.1, but without success. Seems like whatever I try, the old 4.5.1 sticks around -- even after doing the remove and purge commands Pete and Concordseer suggested.

For one last attempt, I didn't remove anything and just did the mono install for Raspbian 8 per the www.mono-project.com website, and now I find two mono executables:
            - /usr/bin/mono (which is the 5.4.1.6 version)
            - /usr/local/bin/mono (which is the 4.5.1 version)

I also discovered the default $PATH for both root and homeseer searches in /usr/local/bin before /usr/bin. Hence why the old version was always found when I simply typed mono --version.

It seems that the apt-get commands didn't find the /usr/local/bin version and didn't remove anything. The other thing to note is that I was never prompted to install dirmngr ... so not sure what was going on there.

Just for kicks, I tried running sudo /usr/bin/mono HSConsole.exe and it seemed to work. However, I am not comfortable with running things this way, so I am going to restore my sdcard image and move on to other things.

Since I don't immediately need the SSL feature, I may just wait for Rich to create a new ZEE S2 image that has an updated mono installed.

Again, thanks for trying to help me, and perhaps this info will be useful to someone else attempting to upgrade to mono 5.4.1 on a ZEE S2.
            I'm not a ZEE S2 user, I'm running HS3 Pro on the Raspberry Pi but I have heard of others having difficulties removing Mono completely from their distribution to replace it with another version.

As Rich stated above they will probably need to look at updating the Image to reflect the current state of play with Raspbian. I'm not sure what version they use on the the ZEE but I'm thinking Wheezy which is two versions below the current version Stretch.

Might be best to wait for a reworked Image before taking a leap unless you are really comfortable with the command line in Linux. You could of course opt for HS3 Standard or Pro but again you may not want that additional expense.

There are a few on this forum who could guide you through the process of upgrading your current version of ZEE and by taking it slowly you could well achieve this. As you have a backup image of the SD card you've nothing to loose trying this.

Comment

@efrey

The issue is that you updated to Mono V5.4 without removing Mono V4.X.

So you have to go backwards a bit.

1 - try to remove the new mono V.5.X you installed - even though it shows that it is not installed. Delete the APT sources stuff for Mono V.5.X
              1 - configure your apt sources stuff for the old Mono 4.X
              2 - reinstall Mono 4.X
              3 - remove Mono 4.X as mentioned above
              5 - check to make sure after you remove it that it's not there
              6 - then reinstall Mono 5.X per instructions on the Mono site.

I have done this a few times over the last couple of years and it is a PITA. I am running HS3 Pro and HS3 Lite (ZEE2) today on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.

The other choice is to rebuild your box.

As long as you have a copy of the Homeseer directory you should not have any issues as it takes about 15-20 minutes to build new.

Note too that there is no real difference between HS3 Lite, Pro and Standard on Linux and Mono is Mono.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                @efrey

The issue is that you updated to Mono V5.4 without removing Mono V4.X.

So you have to go backwards a bit.

1 - try to remove the new mono V.5.X you installed - even though it shows that it is not installed. Delete the APT sources stuff for Mono V.5.X
                1 - configure your apt sources stuff for the old Mono 4.X
                2 - reinstall Mono 4.X
                3 - remove Mono 4.X as mentioned above
                5 - check to make sure after you remove it that it's not there
                6 - then reinstall Mono 5.X per instructions on the Mono site.

I have done this a few times over the last couple of years and it is a PITA. I am running HS3 Pro and HS3 Lite (ZEE2) today on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit.

The other choice is to rebuild your box.

As long as you have a copy of the Homeseer directory you should not have any issues as it takes about 15-20 minutes to build new.

Note too that there is no real difference between HS3 Lite, Pro and Standard on Linux and Mono is Mono.
                Pete fortunately elfrey has an imaged copy of his SD card prior to update attempts so all he has to do is restore that backup image to a fresh SD card and he can start again as if he hadn't made any changes at all.

I'm assuming from what I read on the forum that the factory ZEE card has two separate sectors installed, one being the system and the other being a Restore sector. I assume when you image the SD card the imaging software picks this up. Not being a ZEE user I'm just curious.

Comment

That is good news for Elfrey.

Yes the Zee2 is a dual boot configured set up for DR. The DR piece downloads the HS3 Zee image from Homeseer and writes it new to the second partition.

You can see this if you take the SD card out and use an SD to USB RW ing device and look at the build with gparted or disk manager in Ubuntu.

@elfrey

Just shut down HS3 on boot of restored image and remove the old mono as mentioned above, check to make sure it is gone then install mono from scratch per mono website.

It takes about 10 minutes to remove old mono and about 10 minutes to install new mono.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Updated HS3 Lite and HS3 Pro machines today to beta V.398.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.398 (Linux)
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.398 (Linux)

Showing HTOP one day after restart. HS Console is at 96Mb. 20th of December, 2017

[ATTACH]65306[/ATTACH]
                    Last edited by Pete; December 20, 2017, 02:47 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

3.0.0.398 is still running solid here...3 Days, 18 Hours....

Current Date/Time: 12/19/2017 8:29:07 AM
                      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.398
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                      System Uptime: 3 Days 18 Hours 48 Minutes 6 Seconds
                      IP Address: 192.168.5.3
                      Number of Devices: 914
                      Number of Events: 581
                      Available Threads: 399
                      HSTouch Enabled: False
                      Event Threads: 0
                      Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                      Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                      Device Exec Queue: 0
                      HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                      Email Send Queue: 0
                      Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      0.0.0.21: drhsIpPlugIn
                      3.0.0.42: EasyTrigger
                      3.0.0.25: ImperiHome
                      3.0.2.4: OMNI
                      0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
                      3.0.5.6: SDJ-Health
                      3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
                      3.0.0.41: UPBSpud
                      3.0.1.173: Z-Wave

Comment

Maybe it's luck/coincidence, but build .398 seems to have solved the issue I was having in the thread below with the iOS HS3Touch client. I was on .387 beforehand and it was still acting up under that build. No changes in iOS builds before/after upgrading to HS3 3.0.0.398.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191343

Comment

Went to Labs tab and configured SSL Server and rebooted.

[ATTACH]65321[/ATTACH]

What's next?

Googled issue and see some stuff over here:

Secure Socket Layer (SSL) / Transport Layer Security (TLS)

I do have openssl server running and currently it is used by Webmin and see this has nothing to do with Mono.

When going to hxxps://homeseerip I do see a message on the bottom of browser that a TLS handshake is happening but that is all.
                          Last edited by Pete; December 21, 2017, 08:25 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Need to make sure you are using MONO 5 on Linux.

Try MS Edge browser. You should see an SSL warning and then a way to continue to the page.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Went to Labs tab and configured SSL Server and rebooted.

[ATTACH]65321[/ATTACH]

What's next?

Googled issue and see some stuff over here:

Secure Socket Layer (SSL) / Transport Layer Security (TLS)

I do have openssl server running and currently it is used by Webmin and see this has nothing to do with Mono.

When going to hxxps://homeseerip I do see a message on the bottom of browser that a TLS handshake is happening but that is all.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                              Can anyone else confirm the following:

I updated to .391. Now in the log filter, I cannot select current dates only the start date of the log.

I updated 12/05. Today, 12/06, I had an issue at 4:00 AM with my weatherXML not updating so I went to the log to see if there are any errors. As the attached pic shows in the drop down, I only have the date of 12/05 so I cannot filter for items past 12/05 yet the log is on 12/06.

I tried to close the browser and go back in and try the log again, but I get the same result. I have my browser set to clear cache when I close it but I deleted the cache anyway but still the same.

Michael

I am having the same issue on .098 on both chrome and edge browsers. Can someone point me to a link of how to downgrade to (and where to find) the last non-beta release?

Comment

This gets reported at times, I have not been able to re-create yet. Try restarting HS and see if it gives you more dates.

Originally posted by jono View Post
                                I am having the same issue on .098 on both chrome and edge browsers. Can someone point me to a link of how to downgrade to (and where to find) the last non-beta release?
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X