Restoring removed child device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring removed child device

I accidentally removed one of the child devices from my energy sensor. Any way to restore this without removing and recreating the device?

I have several scripts that use the Reference ID of the child nodes and recreating the whole device generates new IDs, so it becomes a real pain.

Originally posted by phuz View Post
    I accidentally removed one of the child devices from my energy sensor. Any way to restore this without removing and recreating the device?

I have several scripts that use the Reference ID of the child nodes and recreating the whole device generates new IDs, so it becomes a real pain.
    You should be able to regenerate the child node with a rescan, but the new child will also have a different RefID.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      You should be able to regenerate the child node with a rescan, but the new child will also have a different RefID.
      OK, so I agree that should work. With these Aeotec sensors, it does not. Ugh!

Jan-15 4:14:50 PM Z-Wave Warning Could not get the METER TYPE from node 12, so devices for the METER class will not be created or rebuilt.

Meanwhile, the other child devices continue to chug away.

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
        OK, so I agree that should work. With these Aeotec sensors, it does not. Ugh!

Jan-15 4:14:50 PM Z-Wave Warning Could not get the METER TYPE from node 12, so devices for the METER class will not be created or rebuilt.

Meanwhile, the other child devices continue to chug away.
        I have run into that on some of my Aeotec smart strips. It was only one child of the 16 - outlet 1 (unswitched) watts. I didn't delete the child node, they simply stopped reporting and began generating log errors when I rescanned:

Jan-11 4:20:48 PM Z-Wave Warning Device Energy Watts Shed UnSW1b Watts - Z-Net/Arduino/Switch has no associated meter type for the meter command class - the node may need to be Rescanned by HomeSeer.

Unfortunately my only solution was to delete and rebuild the entire device. I did not need to exclude them from the controller. I just deleted the root (which deletes all the child nodes) from HomeSeer, then "Import Node Info from Controller and Scan Devices" from the controller. This built a new root and all the child devices, but it does assign new RefIDs for all. I did a filter on the Event Management page for all the involved devices so that I had a list of the Events using them before I deleted the root.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          I have run into that on some of my Aeotec smart strips. It was only one child of the 16 - outlet 1 (unswitched) watts. I didn't delete the child node, they simply stopped reporting and began generating log errors when I rescanned:

Jan-11 4:20:48 PM Z-Wave Warning Device Energy Watts Shed UnSW1b Watts - Z-Net/Arduino/Switch has no associated meter type for the meter command class - the node may need to be Rescanned by HomeSeer.

Unfortunately my only solution was to delete and rebuild the entire device. I did not need to exclude them from the controller. I just deleted the root (which deletes all the child nodes) from HomeSeer, then "Import Node Info from Controller and Scan Devices" from the controller. This built a new root and all the child devices, but it does assign new RefIDs for all. I did a filter on the Event Management page for all the involved devices so that I had a list of the Events using them before I deleted the root.
          That's how this started. My Amps #1 stopped reporting. Rescanning didn't work, and I accidentally deleted the child. Oh well. Amps isn't as important so I will let it go for now. I ordered a Gen5 unit, so we will see if it's any better than the current one. If not, I will probably buy current clamps that output 0-5vdc or 4-20mA and feed them to an Arduino.

Comment

Working...
          X