Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Commander Plug-In Will Not Show Up ?? (help!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Commander Plug-In Will Not Show Up ?? (help!!)

Hi...

I am trying to install the HS Commander Plugin and for some reason, after installing the correct file in the Homeseer directory, under the view-options---interfaces---plug ins drop down list in Homeseer, the HS Commander plug in does not appear. The other plug ins appear - but its crazy - this plug in will not appear so I cannot configure same.

Any suggestions? Is this a HS Commander plug in problem or has anyone had this problem with any other plug in where for some reason it wont appear? I started and stopped Homeseer, rebooted, nothing works. So I cannot use the plug in.

I am trying to run an executable batch file from the desktop of another PC on my home network that will command the PC with Homeseer installed.

- Adam

HS Commander Plugin? I have never heard of this plugin. Where did you get the plugin?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I found this link on the Board:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...3&r=6836004954

and got the files here:

http://www.gadgetjunkie.net/modules....download&cid=8

- adam

Comment

Adam,
        I just loaded it here and it shows up just fine. Did you place the ocx in the HS root folder? What version of HS are you running?

Comment

Be sure the ocx file is in the HomeSeer directory. You will need to restart HomeSeer to load the application, then restart HomeSeer again to activate it.

Place the client application on another computer. Once you start it, setup the network address for HomeSeer computer, (192.168.xx.xx) and be sure the ports match.

You can send commands to HomeSeer. It works, so it it's probable you aren't installing the clint in the right place.

Comment

As president and head of IT for my law firm, I consider myself reasonably intelligent. I am at a loss here.

OK, here we go. I am running HomeSeer version 1.7.7 and the HS Commander ocx file is definitely in my HomeSeer directory and I see the other ocx files in the directory also. The platform is Windows Small Business Server 2003. I restarted HomeSeer 5 times and rebooted the server 3 times. The plug in does NOT show up in the plug in drop down list.

Could it be a Windows Server 2003 security thing with ActiveX controls? For the life of me I am at a loss here.

-adam

Comment

Well I just tried to download another plug in from the actual updater program as an experiment (I think it was the HouseLink plug-in) and that does not show up either after a restart and reboot.

I am starting to think this is a Windows Server 2003 security thing where Homeseer cannot access new activex controls? Any thoughts?

Comment

Are you runing any virus software or software firewalls like zone alarm that would block scripts and exe's?

Comment

1080i,

I assume you have observed that the ocx file is indeed in the HomeSeer directory. Assuming that it is, and it should be among many other ocx files that begin with hspi_xxxx.ocx, then something else is wrong. Restarting HomeSeer should cause it to identify all available files. Simce it works for veryone else, then you may have another problem that has nothing to do with this particular application.

Please confirm this. Then we may want to rethink the problem.

Comment

GenevaDude,

Yes, I already reached the point that I know its not Homeseer per se. So I am already at the point I am looking at outside influences.

Rupp - YES I am running AV software. I will try that next.

Comment

Making some progress here. Who would of thought... check the Event Log.

I get the following error in the log:

9/12/2004 7:24:03 PM~!~Error~!~Cannot access plug-in: hspi_hscommander.ocx->Component 'mswinsck.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

What would cause this?

Comment

Your system does not have the MS Windows Sockets control, and this is at the heart of the network communications.

You should be able to find this file at the MS website, but if not, google it, and if that fails, try installing the Global Cache plug-in from the updater as that will install it.
                        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I just found this thread:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/eve/ubb.x?a=...3&r=1906084253

Followed the advice.

PROBLEM FIXED!!!!

Thanks all for the thoughts and replies.

- Adam

Comment

Working...
                          X