Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Device Types Not Being Seen by Alexa

Hey All,

I have about 50+ devices now. Only a handful of those do I want to work with Alexa. I have made sure that those I want discovered have the Voice Control checkbox checked. The Alexa discovery is not finding either Virtual Devices or Insteon Groups. Any ideas? Simple individual insteon and z-wave devices are being discovered just fine.

Thanks,

Kerry

You also need to make sure the devices have the correct control use in the status graphics area.

You need either: on,off, dim, or one of the thermostat ones(I don''t know if they all work or not, I didn't build it)

The device needs at least one of these control uses assigned to a status graphic in order for the Smart Home Skill to acknowledge it as something that can be used with The Echo.
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
      You also need to make sure the devices have the correct control use in the status graphics area.

You need either: on,off, dim, or one of the thermostat ones(I don''t know if they all work or not, I didn't build it)

The device needs at least one of these control uses assigned to a status graphic in order for the Smart Home Skill to acknowledge it as something that can be used with The Echo.
      Great tip. Thanks for the quick reply. I checked that in both the virtual device and the Insteon Group device. It is set properly for both.

Comment

If you're getting some devices when discovering, then it's got to be something about that device.

Is it a child device maybe?

Depending on the overall device group, the Smart Home skill takes the root rather than the actual device, but it should still work, you just see the root device in the list, rather than the child.

If that's not it you can shoot me your license number and I can look at your system to see if I can figure out what the issue is.
        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Working...
        X