No announcement yet.

Alexa Push Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think being able to pass audible notifications would be a sweet feature.

Comment

Looks like Amazon is working on something:

Hopefully HomeSeer is signed up to get the 411 when Amazon releases it to developers...

Comment

Are homeseer working on this as i now believe amazon have included this feature ?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Powell View Post
          Are homeseer working on this as i now believe amazon have included this feature ?
          +1 that would be fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you speculating or have you actually seen the API or the feature documented? I will admit that I do not check daily, but to my knowledge as of a month or so ago this was not possible as I did not come across the api.

Maybe I missed it....
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
              Are you speculating or have you actually seen the API or the feature documented? I will admit that I do not check daily, but to my knowledge as of a month or so ago this was not possible as I did not come across the api.

Maybe I missed it....
              I didn't look any further than a comment I read else where but this the on the developer portal.

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/al...-overview.html

Comment

You can push notifications to your Alexa with the Notify Me skill (https://amzn.to/2DOsuor). It won't speak your message aloud without prompting, but it does make a "bing" noise and illuminate the LED ring to let you know you have a message.

You can learn more about it at www.notifymyecho.com. The VB script I've successfully used with HS3 running on a RPi3 is as follows (you pass your message as a parameter to the script):

Code:
                Sub Main(ByVal notification As String)
                  dim accessCode = "[COLOR="Red"]ACCESS_CODE[/COLOR]"
                  dim host = "https://api.notifymyecho.com"
                  dim path = "/v1/NotifyMe?notification="+notification+"&accessCode="+accessCode
                  dim result = hs.GetURL(host, path, TRUE, 443)
                  hs.WriteLog("msg", result)
                End Sub
                Before you can use this, you must first enable the Notify Me skill and then replace the ACCESS_CODE string in the script with the one the Notify Me skill emails you.

Comment

Thank you, it worked like a charm.

Originally posted by randyth View Post
                  You can push notifications to your Alexa with the Notify Me skill (https://amzn.to/2DOsuor). It won't speak your message aloud without prompting, but it does make a "bing" noise and illuminate the LED ring to let you know you have a message.

You can learn more about it at www.notifymyecho.com. The VB script I've successfully used with HS3 running on a RPi3 is as follows (you pass your message as a parameter to the script):

Code:
                  End Sub
                  Before you can use this, you must first enable the Notify Me skill and then replace the ACCESS_CODE string in the script with the one the Notify Me skill emails you.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                    Thank you, it worked like a charm.
                    Glad to hear. I'm still finding crazy uses for notifications, not all practical, of course. ;-)

Comment

I'm a little surprised because I expecting to have to modify the script to convert spaces into %20 since the parameter text is being passed as a URL.

Very nice... Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by randyth View Post

Code:
                      End Sub

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                        I'm a little surprised because I expecting to have to modify the script to convert spaces into %20 since the parameter text is being passed as a URL.

Very nice... Thanks for sharing.

Thanks but do you place the script in your script folder or put it in the sub or function part of an event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chiphead View Post
                          Thanks but do you place the script in your script folder or put it in the sub or function part of an event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I saved the script in my script folder (you then later have to select it as the script you want to run, of course). I left the Sub or Function box blank so it would, by default, call the Sub Main part of the script. Put your message in the Parameters box.

-Randy

Comment

Thanks, that worked. lots of little possibilities for this guy.

Comment

Working...
                            X