Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TUTORIAL: Setup your Amazon Echo UK to talk to HomeSeer (Workaround)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have thought Amazon would have provided a developer site for Australia. You should use that and just adjust the URL's in the Dev skill accordingly.
    Jon

Comment

Not that I could see, but Ill look further. Thanks.

Comment

What URL are you provided to log in to Alexa via a web page?
        Jon

Comment

Not sure which URL you mean. The Authorization URL under Account Linking of Configuration Page?

Comment

The config page. I was just trying to find out if you had a Australian specific URL.

For instance the URL for UK is https://alexa.amazon.co.uk
            Jon

Comment

The authorization link provided is : https://myhs.homeseer.com/echo/user_app/
              This leads to my new skill, which is accessible only by using my developer login. The only way I could think to use this skill with my echos is described in #105 above.

Comment

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
                If you have any problems with the above steps please let me know.

I had to try and remember a few steps as I already had an Amazon Developer account created.

Thanks, Matt.
                Has the service end point changed?

I've done this before and it worked fine. However, now during the test to launch homeseer, the response text is:
                The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid.

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

The endpoint worked for me until at least yesterday. Today, I changed over to the v3 Smart Home API and also changed my myHS password. Hope that it still works!!!

Ill play around tomorrow and report in. Best of luck!
                  HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

does this wrk in Canada? i am getting this answers from alex : I am unable to reach the requested skill.

But i am connected to the skil.

Comment

I did my original dev skill on Dec 9 2016 - so yes, it did work. Worked fine for about a year, then lost the ability to "tell" anything. Tried to redo, but it cannot reach the end point as of my last few attempts. Perhaps this is why you too, are having problems.

Robert
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thank for you response Robert. I guest we’ll have to wait for a move from Homeseer itself

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                          I did my original dev skill on Dec 9 2016 - so yes, it did work. Worked fine for about a year, then lost the ability to "tell" anything. Tried to redo, but it cannot reach the end point as of my last few attempts. Perhaps this is why you too, are having problems.

Robert
                          Did you set the Endpoint to "My development endpoint is a sub-domain of a domain that has a wildcard certificate from a certificate authority"?

If you still have access to your Amazon USA account, I assume you can still use the Homeseer Automation skill. Does that work OK using "Ask Homeseer....."?
                          Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. Yes, I reverted back to the Homeseer skill which seems to work fine. I can tell and ask.

I'll have to try again later for the dev skill. I used the following in step 6.

Select the option "My development endpoint has a certificate from a trusted certificate authority.

Like I say, it's interesting that I had not made any changes since first implementation which noted the date as Dec 9 2016.

Robert

Comment

No, Step 6 does not work as shown. You must read the Update notes/links at the very top of the first post on this thread!
                              Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                No, Step 6 does not work as shown. You must read the Update notes/links at the very top of the first post on this thread!

it works now !! thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X