DS10 Battery Status not updating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DS10 Battery Status not updating?

I'm using HS3 Standard 3.0.0.326 (Linux) and the RFXCOM plugin v30.0.0.35 with a WGL W800RF32 receiver. I have about ten DS10 security sensors and the open/closed (alert/cleared or whatever you want to call it) status changes work just fine. My problem is that the batter status doesn't seem to be updating on any of the sensors. In the device list they all look something like this -

<TABLE class=full_width_table cellSpacing=0> <TBODY> <TR id=row_13> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=center> </TD> <TD id=dv13 class=tablecellfirstlast> <TABLE class=device_status_image_table> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=device_status_image></TD> <TD class=device_status_image style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Closed</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast>RFXCOM</TD> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast>Outside</TD> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast_frn><!-- jqButton name13_ID598385-->Front Gate </TD> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast>S7</TD> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast>Today
    7:10:57 PM </TD> <TD id=dx13 class=tablecellfirstlast></TD></TR> <TR> <TD class=tablecellblank colSpan=10></TD></TR> <TR id=row_84> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=center><!-- jqCheckBox chkop_84_ID598385--><INPUT id=cb_chkop_84_ID598385 class=checkselect style="POSITION: absolute; Z-INDEX: -1; VISIBILITY: hidden" type=checkbox name=cb_chkop_84> </TD> <TD id=dv84 class=tablecellfirstlast> <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD width=1 align=left></TD> <TD bgColor=#ffff00>Battery Low</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    </TD> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast>RFXCOM</TD> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast>Outside</TD> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast_frn><!-- jqButton name84_ID598385-->Front Gate Battery </TD> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast>S14</TD> <TD class=tablecellfirstlast>8/30/2017
    1:19:10 PM </TD> <TD id=dx84 class=tablecellfirstlast></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The front gate sensor was heard just today at 7:10PM, but the front gate battery status hasn't updated in more than a month. In fact I replaced the batteries in the front gate DS10 a few weeks ago and the battery status still hasn't changed. How is it that RFXCOM can hear the alert/cleared messages from the DS10 but not the battery status?

FWIW, it's not just the front gate DS10 that has this problem. All of them report alert/cleared status just fine but none are showing current battery status.

What would cause this?

Are the ID's of the door sensor and battery sensor the same?

Was the ID changed after you replaced the battery? If so, did you change the ID in the device?

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
      Are the ID's of the door sensor and battery sensor the same?
      Thanks, but I already checked that. In the RFXCOM tab on the device properties the front gate sensor says "DWS[CDC2]S" and the front gate battery says "DWS[CDC2]I". I'm guessing that "DWS" is "Door-Window Sensor" and "CDC2" is the sensor ID/address. "S" probably means "sensor"; no idea what "I" is supposed to mean.

FWIW, in the standard device configuration there's also a checkbox which says "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" That's UNCHECKED, because I want to update the last change time even if the battery status doesn't change.

Comment

I found this:
        Reset the DS10 by holding down the button on them for a few seconds and they started working again properly.

Comment

Working...
        X