Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interface issues when removing a node

Hi all,

When trying to remove a node from the network I get an error message (tried with multiple nodes). After this message it tried to re-load nodes and fails on everything (see below). Additionall, I notice that it brings down the Z-Wave interface to Z-Net - there is a yellow exclamation point next to the interface name in Controller Management. Restarting the plugin does not bring it back. I need to restart HS to get things working again. And the Z-Net itself is not down as I can get to its IP address.

Error when trying to remove a node:

Please wait...
    Error reported in the Remove Node from Network response object - Remove Node failed.
    Error: Error reported in the Remove Node from Network response object - Remove Node failed.
    Reloading (importing) node information...
    Getting Z-Wave node list for network 003D309C...
    Found 67 Z-Wave nodes
    Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
    Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
    Device synchronization needs to get Z-Wave class information for one node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 3, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 4, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 5, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.
    Warning: Failed to retrieve Z-Wave class information for node 6, device synchronization/creation will not continue for this node.

And this goes on to count through every node...

And in the HS log I found some additional info and I don't know what to make of it:

Oct-21 3:31:19 PM Z-Wave Warning ... Devices found include: [ID=318Type=GENERIC_TYPE_GENERIC_CONTROLLER Name=Hidden No Device Sigma Remote Switch Node 42], [ID=591Type=GENERIC_TYPE_GENERIC_CONTROLLER Name=Node 42 Z-Wave Sigma Generic Controller], [ID=543Type=GENERIC_TYPE_GENERIC_CONTROLLER Name=Hidden Z-Wave Sigma Generic Controller Node 42]
    Oct-21 3:31:19 PM Z-Wave Warning ... However, more than one indicated they were ROOT (Parent) nodes, and so these devices can NOT be used - new devices will be created for node 42
    Oct-21 3:31:19 PM Z-Wave Warning Multiple devices were found indicating that they were for node 42, and some may have been eliminated as not having a corresponding HomeSeer device...
    Oct-21 3:31:19 PM Z-Wave Syncing Z-Wave nodes with device list...
    Oct-21 3:31:19 PM Z-Wave Found 67 Z-Wave nodes
    Oct-21 3:31:19 PM Z-Wave Getting Z-Wave node list for network 003D309C...
    Oct-21 3:31:18 PM Z-Wave Error Z-NET: The Z-NET interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).
    Oct-21 3:30:59 PM Vista Alarm FAULT 15 GARAGE DOOR
    Oct-21 3:30:55 PM Z-Wave Error Error reported in the Remove Node from Network response object - Remove Node failed.

Finally, and also odd... when starting Z-Seer+ it works fine scanning node until it hits 18, and then every node that follows (after a LONG time of waiting) reports:

Could not contact node ## without routing
    Could not contact node ## at all

So, Z-Seer+ has a lot of RED boxes. Strangely, I am agle to control most of the nodes though. Not sure what to make of that.

I am on HS Pro 3.0.0.368 and Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.150. Running on a Hometroller S6.

My Z-Wave network is not the most stable either. I can get to all nodes, but they are finicky at times. It was relatively stable until I recently added a bunch of new HS-WS100+ switches. things went a bit wonky when I imported them into the network. I addressed this by re-locating my Z-Net to an upstairs location (and mounting it vertically) as well as reoptimizing each node manually. Not all of the nodes were easy to get to and took a lot of re-trying.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

John
    Last edited by Keoni; October 21, 2017, 06:18 PM.

This might be a reply to a too old thread, but I had same issue.

I was getting the same problem.

I went into Plugins -> ZWave -> ZWave Controllers and clicked into my controller.

I had recently reset the controller so I had the Interface Model dropdown set the 'Ethernet Interface'. I changed it to 'Homeseer Z-NET Ethernet', restarted the controller and BOOM all good.

Hope that may help you or anyone else looking at this topic.

Comment

Working...
    X