Simple (cheap) Voicemail and FAX...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple (cheap) Voicemail and FAX...

I was wondering how folks who have implemented non hsphone voicemail and fax solutions have done their implementations?

I just finished a poor-man's FAX server, where I have a script check an incoming email account for messages and then faxes the attachment to the phone number specified in the subject. I also have XP fax service dumping incoming faxes into a directory and a script wakes up every x minutes and emails the attachments to me/wife. So far so good...

I'd like to take the next step and implement a voicemail system as well. There are two main requirements:

1. be able to retrieve messages from any phone in the house
    2. use a single line for fax and voicemail (i'd like to dump my current dedicated fax line)

Is this possible without going the route of hs phone/modem? I'm not looking to do any interaction with hs with this setup. I use waf-cid for call tracking and announcements and that's plenty for me...

As always, thanks in advance!

K

75+ looks and no comments...

I guess most folks that are doing vmail must think HSPhone and Modem must be worth the cost!

Comment

kwaugh.

I am quite pleased with HSP and my W2C. I really like the functionality I get out of the combination. As for faxes, I receive so few, I've found that having a free Efax (www.efax.com) number, which redirects faxes to my e-mail, has worked well for me.

--David

Comment

Working...
      X