No announcement yet.

weatherXML Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently, that is working as designed. You can choose Contains OR NOT Contains in the dropdown.
    For what you are describing, I need to add Equals to the dropdown.
    I will add that to my To Do list but it will be a while. My work schedule is very busy right now. I hope to have things back to normal by the end of the month.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff!

Comment

Hourly forecast

That would be great.. I know how work can get in the way of good homeautomation projects!

When you get to it later, I don't need more than the next hour, but I suppose you would need to build it fully out to allow for lots of options.

and I also think this is an amazing plugin, really does a great job!

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
        The Hourly forecast is available. I need to add the variables and design the interface. It is a lot of data. The full Hourly Forecast has 240 hours and 19 pieces of information in each hour.

I'll add it to my to do list. It will be a while though. I changed positions at work and have been very busy.

Comment

Weather Alert Instructions

It would be a nice feature to have a global variable that represented the NOAA instructions that come with weather alerts.

Comment

I checked and the instructions are not provided by NOAA in what I can download.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Additional WU fields?

Hi Jeff

I have been taking a look at the detailed devices available in weatherXML and comparing it to the data available in the WU API.

There are a few things that I'd be interested in adding:

Yesterday:
              High and Low Humidity (or Average)
              High and Low Temp (or Average)
              Total Rain

I would also be interested in the forecast for tomorrow:
              POP
              AllDay QPF (forecast rain amount)

Also, does the plugin pull the existing WU data from the specifically chosen station (once you've picked one from the drop-down) or is it still pulling from the closest city based upon the provided Lat/Lon? The reason I ask, is that whilst I was easily able to pull data in XML and JSON format for a named city, I couldn't figure out the syntax to pull by a PWS ID - though I am presuming that you have this, or you wouldn't have provided the option. Google wasn't my friend in tracking this down, this time!

Many thanks for considering these requests

Cheers
              James
              cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                Yesterday:
                High and Low Humidity (or Average)
                High and Low Temp (or Average)
                Total Rain

I would also be interested in the forecast for tomorrow:
                POP
                AllDay QPF (forecast rain amount)
                The POP should already be available in the forecast section. Go to the HSTouch tab and select from the Precip row.
                The rest I will add to my to do list.

Also, does the plugin pull the existing WU data from the specifically chosen station (once you've picked one from the drop-down) or is it still pulling from the closest city based upon the provided Lat/Lon? The reason I ask, is that whilst I was easily able to pull data in XML and JSON format for a named city, I couldn't figure out the syntax to pull by a PWS ID - though I am presuming that you have this, or you wouldn't have provided the option. Google wasn't my friend in tracking this down, this time!

Many thanks for considering these requests

Cheers
                James
                There is a syntax for using a particular station. I'll look it up this evening and let you know.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

The POP should already be available in the forecast section. Go to the HSTouch tab and select from the Precip row.
                  The rest I will add to my to do list.

There is a syntax for using a particular station. I'll look it up this evening and let you know.

Great. Thanks.

Just wondering if it makes sense to allow users to create their own devices from any available field, or do you think that wouldn't be workable and turn into a support nightmare?
                  cheeryfool

Comment

PHP Code:
                    http://api.wunderground.com/api/YourKeyHere/conditions/lang:EN/q/pws:StationIDHere.xml 
                    Station ID is a code similar to
                    KKSLAWRE17
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Great. Thanks.

Just wondering if it makes sense to allow users to create their own devices from any available field, or do you think that wouldn't be workable and turn into a support nightmare?

I'll give it some thought but not sure it would be doable to support the xml file xpath as a variable entered as text. Trying to figure out if it was entered correctly.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

PHP Code:
                        http://api.wunderground.com/api/YourKeyHere/conditions/lang:EN/q/pws:StationIDHere.xml 
                        Station ID is a code similar to
                        KKSLAWRE17
                        Excellent. Thanks
                        cheeryfool

Comment

Here in Norway, we use meters per second for windspeed. Is it possible to add that as a "speed unit"?

Comment

Originally posted by basshook View Post
                            Jeff, first let me say thanks for the plugin, its excellent. This is not necessarily a feature request but it may mean fixing a possible bug in the triggering from the condition device. It seems like when I use a multi-worded condition in the trigger such as "Partly Cloudy", the Plugin may interpret this as "Cloudy" and triggers the event. It's a subtle thing but I use differences between, "Partly Cloudy", "Mostly Cloudy", and "Cloudy", to trigger interior accent lighting.

Right now I am using a script to interrogate the global condition variable as a work around so if it's involved to fix, no problem.

-Ron
                            The ability to select equals will be available in version .51. I will be posting that to the updater Monday evening after work.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
                              Here in Norway, we use meters per second for windspeed. Is it possible to add that as a "speed unit"?
                              I'll add this to my to do list.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Add Active/Inactive to Weather Speak

I have been setting up various Weather Speak items and playing with them. I don't want to delete them so I have been setting the speak client to NONE or something else so it does not speak.

It would be nice to have an Active check box in the last column where you have the Speak Text buttons (or on/off button).
                                Attached Files
                                HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                                Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                                BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X