Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Upgrade for HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos to Wade (Sgt Schultz) for upgrading and substantially improving our Amazon Echo Skill! The new skill simplifies integration by simply passing spoken text (intact) directly through to HS3 and allowing the HS3 parsing engine to do the heavy lifting. This method provides the following improvements:
    1. The new skill no longer requires a specific and limited set of location and device names to work properly. HomeSeer users can now use whatever names they wish.
    2. The new skill leverages native HomeSeer voice technology directly. HomeSeer users can now use standard HomeSeer phrases to control devices, launch events and get status from devices.
    3. The new skill allows HomeSeer users to program basic delayed action events in the same manner as allowed by the native HomeSeer and HSTouch speaker clients.
      Example: "Alexa, Tell HomeSeer to In 10 minutes, turn the office light on for 1 hour"

Please visit our Echo information page at this link for more details about upgrading and using the new skill:
    http://homeseer.com/amazon-echo-integration.html
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Mark. Is the required .239 version an official release version, or still beta? I thought it was still beta, but seem to be receiving marketing emails about the new and improved skill.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      Mark. Is the required .239 version an official release version, or still beta? I thought it was still beta, but seem to be receiving marketing emails about the new and improved skill.
      Yes, you need the beta. However, we are working hard to get the beta to release by next week. We had no control over the release date for the skill... in a perfect world, we'd launch both at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        Yes, you need the beta. However, we are working hard to get the beta to release by next week. We had no control over the release date for the skill... in a perfect world, we'd launch both at the same time.

Thanks.
        cheeryfool

Comment

Is there a list of commands? I see:

{Turn on the}

I assume there is a {Turn off the}...

Is there a complete list somewhere?
          -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
          Way2 Call
          Elk M1 Gold
          UPB HAI switches
          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Since this uses the built in speech recognition, does that mean you need speaker.exe running? Also, what about those of us on server OSes that don't have the inluded windows voice recognition (which I believe HS uses). Does this leave us out in the cold as far as Echos go?

(Note I plan on putting HS3 on a NUC with windows 10, but I'm not there yet).

Comment

Doesn't this repace speaker.exe? I don't believe you need this anymore since all voice is through echo...
              This is great for users running such os's as Windows Server 2008R2 etc.
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                Doesn't this repace speaker.exe? I don't believe you need this anymore since all voice is through echo...
                This is great for users running such os's as Windows Server 2008R2 etc.
                I would have thought that, but then there is this, which is why I asked :
                Originally posted by macromark View Post
                The new skill leverages native HomeSeer voice technology directly

Comment

We're using our own HS3 parsing process, and using the echo merely as a pass-through for the phrase.

We also send the response back to the echo as needed.

No other .exes are necessary.
                  Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

We have a page you can look at to get an idea of things you can say (which is almost anything)

If you have a device with a status pair on it, you should be able to control it.
                    Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                      We're using our own HS3 parsing process, and using the echo merely as a pass-through for the phrase.

We also send the response back to the echo as needed.

No other .exes are necessary.
                      awesome sauce I will wait for the version of HS3 to come out of beta before trying. I can't mess with the WAF.

Comment

This is great. I will mess with this tonight. Any idea when we can drop the tell homeseer?

Comment

We keep adding CC's to our inquiries regarding the API to no avail.

Pretty soon I'm gonna sneak in jeff@amazon.com.
                          Wade

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                            This is great. I will mess with this tonight. Any idea when we can drop the tell homeseer?
                            Rich is working on getting the Echo API integration done. We'll keep you posted on that. Bear in mind that the API integration will be MUCH MORE LIMITED than the skill we just released. API integration is just on/off/dim right now. Our own skill gives you access to every device and every event. Once the API integration is approved, both options will be available.

Comment

Had Echo working, but not no more

I had it working great for everything, but the update "skill" broke it all
                              https://youtu.be/5G5vGJcI0AU followed everything up above still no joy!!

Comment

Working...
                              X