Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Upgrade for HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
    I had it working great for everything, but the update "skill" broke it all
    https://youtu.be/5G5vGJcI0AU followed everything up above still no joy!!
    Try using a complete phrase instead of trying to open a session for each command. In other words, just say (all at once) "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn my light on". Don't say "Alexa, tell HomeSeer..." and then wait for a response.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      Try using a complete phrase instead of trying to open a session for each command. In other words, just say (all at once) "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn my light on". Don't say "Alexa, tell HomeSeer..." and then wait for a response.
      Mark, that was the only way i could get it to work at all before, but after some testing after posting this, i have found i must say it all at once, now, "tell HomeSeer turn lights on in the Kitchen" it will work. in any other form it says it can't find the device. if i say "tell HomeSeer to turn Kitchen lights on" it will not find device.

Comment

Programming an Event with the Echo and New Skill!

Check it out: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179720
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Are there directions for setting up the skill manually? I'd like to keep my "Tell the house" rather than switching to "Tell homeseer"

Comment

There is another thread where I've posted instructions on setting up your own skill.
            Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

I'm just wondering whether Alexa understands any other language than English.

Comment

You would need to ask Amazon.
                Wade

Comment

New API

Why is it taking so long to get the API released, any ideal what the hold up is and or a time frame on its release?

Comment

While the coding for the API is finished, Amazon has not yet approved it for release.

We are currently in talks with them on getting this resolved.
                    Wade

Comment

How do you implement Sgt. schults skill?
                      Hector
                      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

To implement the skill, as opposed to the API, you need to have at at least HS3 version 243.

You also need to have your myHS account set up (a single user is free)

Once this is done, go to the list of skills in your Alexa app.
                        You'll find the HomeSeer skill there.

Enabling this skill brings up a login that will link the echo to your system through myHS.

Use the username and password you use to gain access to your system through myHS.
                        You can ask for help through the echo by saying "Ask HomeSeer for help', which will give you the HomeSeer echo url http://www.homeseer.com/echo
                        Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                          To implement the skill, as opposed to the API, you need to have at at least HS3 version 243.

You also need to have your myHS account set up (a single user is free)

Once this is done, go to the list of skills in your Alexa app.
                          You'll find the HomeSeer skill there.

Enabling this skill brings up a login that will link the echo to your system through myHS.

Use the username and password you use to gain access to your system through myHS.
                          You can ask for help through the echo by saying "Ask HomeSeer for help', which will give you the HomeSeer echo url http://www.homeseer.com/echo
                          Wade, I have all those steps done. How do I know when I am using the skill and I am using the api? What's the difference? I also read some where that you can change the name of echo other than Alexa and Amazon is this true?
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                            Wade, I have all those steps done. How do I know when I am using the skill and I am using the api? What's the difference? I also read some where that you can change the name of echo other than Alexa and Amazon is this true?
                            Alexa turn off my bedroom light = API
                            Alexa tell homeseer to turn on my bedroom light = skill

API - on/off/dim and set thermostat
                            Skill - run events, get statuses, on/off/dim, control and report on most devices.

Alexa/Amazon/Echo are current awake words for the echo - choose one. You can not use an arbitrary word at this time. For my kitchen unit I call echo and my living I call Alexa.

Comment

Thank you
                              Hector
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by wkomorow View Post
                                Alexa/Amazon/Echo are current awake words for the echo - choose one. You can not use an arbitrary word at this time. For my kitchen unit I call echo and my living I call Alexa.
                                Where exactly do u change the name?
                                Hector
                                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                                X