Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Upgrade for HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have no problem doing this except Apple has locked down the VR and will not allow third parties access to it. They also will not allow access to SIRI. Bummer, Google has the edge here!

I did add it for testing. In HSTouch bring up the keyboard and click on the mic. Say a command then submit it. HSTouch should parse what you said. However, this is so cumbersome that its not worth it!

There are some third party VR engines that you can use in your apps, but they are all very expensive, doubt many users would want to pay for it.

Come on over to Android

Originally posted by Gallina View Post
    Now if we could talk to Alexa from our I phone that would be great. I'm sure its a matter of time. I hope soon I'm Old.

Thanks again team
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Can an HS Event Trigger a Echo Skill?

Can an Event in HS do the following = If Motion Detection (between 6am - 7am) then Echo "skill" tell me the weather / Read the top news?

Comment

IFTTT Triggers only

I tried using IFTTT but the Alexa channel ONLY has Triggers NO Actions

Comment

Someone answered, but just to clarify, there is no way to send audio to the Echo using a Skill or any remote command (bummer for sure). However, it can be set up as a bluetooth speaker for HomeSeer, so you could link it to your PC and then have HS speak out the speaker. An event can have a speak action.

Originally posted by Raindrop View Post
          Can an Event in HS do the following = If Motion Detection (between 6am - 7am) then Echo "skill" tell me the weather / Read the top news?

Comment

Originally posted by Raindrop View Post
            I tried using IFTTT but the Alexa channel ONLY has Triggers NO Actions
            I have actions such as run event, unlook door, etc. in the THAT part of IFTTT.

Comment

Alexa is rude ! Question

I just got my Amazon Alexa. Started first to uppgraded to latest Beta version .243.
              Downloaded app to my cellphone and all install whent good.
              I open just one of my nodes to be "enabled voice comand" a light switch.
              Logged into my Hs on Alexas app and got confirmed that she is connected.
              But
              When I give any Alexa command to turn on light with the right frase she answer. "your hs system needs to be uppgraded to ver 329 or higher.
              That was what I did in the very beginning to 243 Beta.

So my question is why wont Alexa approve my uppgrade to 243 beta.

I cannot find my open Device in Alexas device scann

What did I miss ?

Comment

Try rebooting HS PC.
                Hector
                MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                  Yes, you need the beta. However, we are working hard to get the beta to release by next week. We had no control over the release date for the skill... in a perfect world, we'd launch both at the same time.
                  Mark, How close are you guys to releasing the beta?

Thanks

Comment

We will be posting today.
                    Originally posted by gserp4sox View Post
                    Mark, How close are you guys to releasing the beta?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      We will be posting today.
                      To clarify..., we are posting a new beta today, not a release.
                      Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                        To clarify..., we are posting a new beta today, not a release.
                        Is there an official release planned in the near future? I'm not sure I want to be running a beta firmware just to link my new Echo.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gserp4sox View Post
                          Is there an official release planned in the near future? I'm not sure I want to be running a beta firmware just to link my new Echo.
                          Mark,

Looks like I got my answer. Yesterday I was able to update my HomeTroller Zee to firmware "HS3 ZEE Edition 3.0.0.258" though the normal UI update process. (no PUTTY)

So my question is, this firmware is an official release that supports the Echo?

Is that correct?

Thanks

Comment

Yes. Rich posted about .258 in the Release section of the board and referenced that from the Beta section.
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Issue with Z-wave dimmers

I've run into an interesting issue with GE Z-Wave lamp dimmer modules that are in the same room with Insteon Fanlincs. When I tell Alexa to control the lamp it controls the Fanlinc lights. Using the the log of received voice commands in the Alexa application shows that it heard me correctly. And when use the "tell Homeseer to control the lamp" command it functions as it should.

Comment

So this is with the api and not the skill, correct? Can you give me the name and location of the 2 devices?

Originally posted by trancepsychosis View Post
                                I've run into an interesting issue with GE Z-Wave lamp dimmer modules that are in the same room with Insteon Fanlincs. When I tell Alexa to control the lamp it controls the Fanlinc lights. Using the the log of received voice commands in the Alexa application shows that it heard me correctly. And when use the "tell Homeseer to control the lamp" command it functions as it should.

Comment

Working...
                                X