Autelis Pool control - what additional equipment needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autelis Pool control - what additional equipment needed

1. I'm a little confused myself by all the different equipment, so I think the best would be to directly ask someone at Autelis by email, or post in their forum: http://www.autelis.com/forum/

2. The plugin is not currently compatible with the Hayward/Goldline controller but this is something I could easily add if you can help me test.

Comment

Got reply from Autelis

Hi Spud,

I got a reply from Autelis and I will be buying a pool controller and then the autelis device.

Once I have the pool controller which is the most expensive piece I will buy the autelis device and let you know so we can test together.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Comment

Found a Pool controller, now Autelis control

Hi Spud,

I found a pool controller and will be placing an order for the Autelis version for Pentair Suntouch.
        This one: http://www.autelis.com/pool-control-...-suntouch.html

Would it be easier if you had the Autelis device with you or would you like to trouble shoot with me?

Let me know I can accomodate to your preference,

I really REALLY appreciate this.

Thanks
        Chris

Comment

I will troubleshoot with you
          Actually, the plugin may already be working with the Pentair Suntouch as it seems that it uses exactly the same API as the Pentair Intellitouch version.

Comment

Originally posted by clafa View Post
            Hi Spud,

I found a pool controller and will be placing an order for the Autelis version for Pentair Suntouch.
            This one: http://www.autelis.com/pool-control-...-suntouch.html
            Chris - Which suntouch contoller did you buy? I have been looking at the Intermatic.
            HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
            Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
            BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Love it

Hi Spud,

so far so good.

I bought the Pentair Suntouch (used) and then the Autelis pool controller for the Suntouch.

I configured it using the "Pentair Intellitouch or Easytouch" type and it identified all the settings I defined in the Suntouch.

It created all the devices correctly (have root, pool temp, air temp, pool setpoint, light control, pool heat setting, pool heat status).

Jobee,
              The electrical has been more challenging then actually installing the suntouch, the autelis device and the plugin.

Thanks again Spud.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by clafa View Post
                Hi Spud,

so far so good.

I bought the Pentair Suntouch (used) and then the Autelis pool controller for the Suntouch.

I configured it using the "Pentair Intellitouch or Easytouch" type and it identified all the settings I defined in the Suntouch.

It created all the devices correctly (have root, pool temp, air temp, pool setpoint, light control, pool heat setting, pool heat status).
                cool, thank you for the feedback!

Comment

aqualink?

spud does your plug in work with the zodiak iaqualink system? i want to isolate my pool lights as a device on homeseer... and control them rather than use the pool app. thanks george
                  HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
                    spud does your plug in work with the zodiak iaqualink system? i want to isolate my pool lights as a device on homeseer... and control them rather than use the pool app. thanks george
                    do you already have an Autelis controller?
                    the plugin is compatible with the Zandy/Zodiac controller: http://www.autelis.com/pool-control-...dy-zodiac.html

Comment

Thanks to all involved in integrating Autelis with Homeseer. I would very much like your thoughts on my planned install of the Autelis unit.
                      I have a Prologic PS-4 system, with a heat pump and a salt cell. My house is “U” shaped and all of the pool equipment is installed at the end of the left wing of my house. There is switched power at several locations in the soffit around the house but no “always on” outlets.
                      Based on the above and reading this and other threads, it seems I have three options:
                      1. If there is space available, install the Autelis inside the existing Prologic control box and implement a wifi solution. I have wifi coverage there but, I would have to convert the ethernet to wifi and this would again take power.
                      2. Next, I read about someone installing an Aqua Connect serial unit by running about 50’ of Cat5 cable and using four of the Cat5 wires for the serial interface. In my case, I suspect it would require about 85-90’ to run from the Prologic box, through the attic, and into my central wiring closest. In this case, Is that feasible? Can I expect to be able to power the Autelis unit over such a long distance without issue? If so, I have all the network access needed.
                      3. Finally, as an alternative, if it is possible to install the Autelis unit inside the Prologic controller box, I could run ethernet from the wiring closet to the Prologic control box.
                      Which of these do you consider the best approach?

Comment

Long cable run

Hi morrisdxl,

I actually used thermostat wire on a 60 feet run from the Suntouch (located outside) to the main panel (location of all my home automation stuff).

I have no power issues with this long cable run.

Cheers
                        Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X