Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using Amazon Echo as HS3 Speaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding this post, would it be possible to utilize the microphone array from the Echo/Dot and feed it into HomeSeer for processing? Therefore, bypassing all of the Amazon cloud technology such that these devices would just be Bluetooth microphones for HomeSeer?

I would significantly prefer this over all of this cloud technology!

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
    I linked an Echo to my PC via bluetooth and sent announcements from HS3.

You need to have the Speaker.exe app for HS3 running.

As it's using the text to speech process in Windows, it doesn't sound like the Alexa voice however.

A nice feature in the Echo is when it receives the bluetoothed audio it turns down the audio it is currently playing in favor of the bluetooth one, then resumes the original audio afterwards.

It should work on a Linux box as well but I don't know the specifics regarding that.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

In addition to my original Echo, I now have 2 Echo Dots. Is it possible to direct speech to multiple Echos. Does IFTTT allow more than One echo? Anybody have any experience with this?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
        In addition to my original Echo, I now have 2 Echo Dots. Is it possible to direct speech to multiple Echos.
        I think this will only be possible once Amazon enable push notifications to developers.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
          For those who like projects, I came up with a process to have Alexa speak without a prompt, and it would be in the Alexa voice....
          Wade, do you (can you) have this packaged up into something that could be used by anyone with minimal modification?
          John
          Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
          Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
          HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
          Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Bumping this back up... Anyone got it running using an Alexa skill or hack, not bluetooth?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

And then, there is this:

Amazon Blog
              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
              Home Assistant 2024.3
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.18,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.177,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.50.128.5,JowiHue 4.1.3.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.25.1,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
                And then, there is this:

Amazon Blog
                ...Amazon Notifications have been enabled for a while, for Amazon. Wonder if they have released the API for outside developers yet - will look later. Thx for the link

Comment

Time has come today (ok, yesterday). http://www.aftvnews.com/you-can-now-...-notifications

Down side is that the notifications are not spoken, they queue and you request them when you want to listen to them.

What's news from Bedford on playing around with this?

Comment

Originally posted by sleeve View Post
                    Time has come today (ok, yesterday). http://www.aftvnews.com/you-can-now-...-notifications

Down side is that the notifications are not spoken, they queue and you request them when you want to listen to them.

What's news from Bedford on playing around with this?
                    Not sure that helps us until they allow immediate, forced, play back without user request

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X