Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Devices Discovered

Help!

I have looked all over the forums before posting but I cannot figure this out...

I am trying to discover my devices but it always tells me that no devices were discovered. I checked voice control for all of them, set up the homeseer skill to my myhs account, which is working, but still no discovered devices.

Any suggestions? I am on version .313...

Thanks!

Make sure none are marked as hidden.
    Also create just a new virtual device and don't change any of the options. It should show up.
    Also, try deleting/readding the smart home skill in the Amazon.com/Alexa app...

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Do you have an active and working myHS account that will connect to your HS3 installation?
      πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Mine will not discover either.

It was not wanting to change some names of some devices that I had changed the names of. So I told it to "forget devices." Now it will not discover them.
        I've disabled the skill and re-enabled it, linked it to MyHS. Also rebooted Homeseer and Echo. nothing.

Comment

Solved:
          I was not running 3.0.0.318
          was running an older version. Updated and working great.

Comment

It's key to have the device to be used with Alexa to have Voice Command checked, something that I didn't find in the document https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/

After that, with the Alexa Skill HomeSeer, the device is ready to be discovered

Comment

Originally posted by pgmp View Post
              It's key to have the device to be used with Alexa to have Voice Command checked, something that I didn't find in the document https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/
              Even though the OP got this working by upgrading his version of HS3 the step is in the instructions see step#3 in Option #2 – The Power User’s Choice. It needs to be added to Setup #1 as well.
              Just and FYI but this should automatically be checked unless you intentionally unchecked this option when creating your devices.
              πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Working...
              X