Unexpected Alexa Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected Alexa Behavior

If my kitchen lights have been turned on at the switch, "Alexa turn off kitchen lights" doesn't work. But if I first say "Alexa turn on kitchen lights" (even though they're already on) and then "Alexa turn off kitchen lights", she turns them off.

It's a UPB switch which may or may not be important. This behavior doesn't happen with all of the switches. Just a couple.

So is the switch reporting status back to HS that it's on when you activate it locally?

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Alexa

Very insightful observation. I did a test and the answer is no. But I went to HS and did "poll devices for status" and then the light showed on in HS. After that echo controlled.

I wonder why it's not updating in HS.

Comment

Working...
      X