Rain Today devices only whole numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Today devices only whole numbers

The Rain Today device only has whole number values. It looks like it is rounding; i.e. it changes from 0 to 1 at around 0.5" of rain. It used to record to at least one decimal place, and I use this to control irrigation, and also prevent flooding in the basement. But it may have been as far back as HS2 that this used to work.

My Location is setup for a Weather Underground station that I can see is recording fractional inches.

Thanks,
    Kurt

WeatherXML 3.0.0.76

A few things to check.

On the weatherXML admin pages click on the button labeled Units.
    Check to see what Rain Totals Round To is set at.

Check the Rain Total device and check the Status Graphics. If the Status Graphic entries exist see if there is a range one check the Dec Places: setting.
    Most likely this device will not have the status graphics.

The last place to check is in the xml file. If the values there do not have decimal places, then the above settings can not override it.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks! I had not seen the Units page before, nor the Round To. That fixed it.
      -Kurt

Comment

Working...
      X