SonosController Plug-In Beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
    But I also have concerns that (parts of) the HS Announcements are picked back up by the system as voice commands?

... the tricky thing is that the house that I'm installing this to has concrete walls and dry-wall ceilings, so it's not easy to reconfigure the cable positions and so forth...
    If you are concerned about the announcement being picked up by the VR, the VR is programmed to "trigger" on a specific command before it goes into full VR mode. You could make sure that you use a word or sentence that is less common. Alternatively, you could add some actions (I assume) to whatever event that triggered the announcement to briefly disable VR when the announcements is made and re-enable VR afterwards.

As I wrote, I think your biggest challenge is to have the VR work while you have music playing or other sources of background noise, which makes it hard for the (cheap/SW?) implementation of Windows VR to recognize what you are trying to say.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      If you are concerned about the announcement being picked up by the VR, the VR is programmed to "trigger" on a specific command before it goes into full VR mode. You could make sure that you use a word or sentence that is less common. Alternatively, you could add some actions (I assume) to whatever event that triggered the announcement to briefly disable VR when the announcements is made and re-enable VR afterwards.

As I wrote, I think your biggest challenge is to have the VR work while you have music playing or other sources of background noise, which makes it hard for the (cheap/SW?) implementation of Windows VR to recognize what you are trying to say.

Dirk
      You need to input the response of HS and any ambient noise to your noise concellation input, that way HS will only hear the command giving.
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I'm thinking of installing some hard switches to connect/disconnect the mics. Maybe controlled through motion detection and time/scheduling.

Noted.

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        You need to input the response of HS and any ambient noise to your noise concellation input, that way HS will only hear the command giving.
        How do you get an area's ambient background noise without picking up the speaker's voice?
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

How do you get an area's ambient background noise without picking up the speaker's voice?
          you need to connect the output of your amp to noise cancellation, that way, HS does not hear what its saying anyd any background noise thru a mic. I did not use the extra mic. because my home is kinda quiet when emmiting a command.
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

you need to connect the output of your amp to noise cancellation, that way, HS does not hear what its saying anyd any background noise thru a mic. I did not use the extra mic. because my home is kinda quiet when emmiting a command.
            That is exactly the reverse of what I was asking about

Here are the players:

1. Our voice
            2. HS voice prompts
            3. Other system generated noise (background music, tv, etc)
            4. Ambient noise

We want a clean sample of (1), yet we have to 'fight' (2), (3) and (4).
            With AP800, we have a powerful tool to eliminate/reduce (2) and (3) by just piping those inputs as AP800's noise cancellation source.

Now my question was specifically about (4)
            HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

That is exactly the reverse of what I was asking about

Here are the players:

1. Our voice
              2. HS voice prompts
              3. Other system generated noise (background music, tv, etc)
              4. Ambient noise

We want a clean sample of (1), yet we have to 'fight' (2), (3) and (4).
              With AP800, we have a powerful tool to eliminate/reduce (2) and (3) by just piping those inputs as AP800's noise cancellation source.

Now my question was specifically about (4)
              You may need to link a 2nd AP to the first so you can elemnate (4), I think Ap only has one input for echo cancellation. (4) will connect to the 2nd AP.
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

New beta v.81 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.81:

• When you use the basic music browser template in HS Touch, when you deploy and navigate to "Playlist" you will now see your playlist. Change in behavior is that clicking a track will now start playing from that track and continue on. This should be in line with how the Windows Media and iTunes plugin work
                • Added a button to manually trigger a rediscovery of zone players. There is now an option in the config settings, to turn the automatic discovery off
                • Added a few options in the .ini file so you can customize the AnnouncementTitle, Album and Author
                • Made some minor optimizations around trigger events during announcements.
                • Thought I had solved this but maybe now I have finally solved this pesky "Generic error occurred in GDI+" when retrieving Albumartwork

Comment

Dirk

I installed new ver, and activated the show failing pings just to see what happens, in the log appears this:

2/4/2012 10:48:32 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - FindZonePlayers found non Sonos device with UDN = uuid:00:14:d1:bc:fd:ba Friendly Name = HomeSeer(rotech)

its not an error, but just wanted to know if this was normal. also what is you sugestions in regards of the periodis funtions should we have it checked?
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

2/4/2012 10:48:32 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - FindZonePlayers found non Sonos device with UDN = uuid:00:14:d1:bc:fd:ba Friendly Name = HomeSeer(rotech)
                    perfectly normal, if you can call it that way. Let me guess Windows XP and you have "home seer is discoverable using UPNP" in the home seer "setup" on. This is some issue with XP but the plug-in can deal with it, so no problem what so ever.

Dirk

Comment

perfectly normal, if you can call it that way. Let me guess Windows XP and you have "home seer is discoverable using UPNP" in the home seer "setup" on. This is some issue with XP but the plug-in can deal with it, so no problem what so ever.

Dirk
                      Yes that's correct..... How about the periodic funtions?
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Yes that's correct..... How about the periodic funtions?
                        The loss of handles is correlated to the number of players, the more players you have the faster you will see it. If you write down the number of handles now and check again in 24 hours, unless they jumped up by a many hundreds, all is OK. If your Homeseer runs fine for many weeks, I'm sure there is no problem. I know I don't have it on Win7, there are a lot of XP users out there and I haven't heard from them, so far one user on Vista32 who loses about 30~50 handles every 5 minutes, hard to miss.

Dirk

Comment

Changes to v1.0.0.81:

• When you use the basic music browser template in HS Touch, when you deploy and navigate to "Playlist" you will now see your playlist. Change in behavior is that clicking a track will now start playing from that track and continue on. This should be in line with how the Windows Media and iTunes plugin work
                          • Added a button to manually trigger a rediscovery of zone players. There is now an option in the config settings, to turn the automatic discovery off
                          • Added a few options in the .ini file so you can customize the AnnouncementTitle, Album and Author
                          • Made some minor optimizations around trigger events during announcements.
                          • Thought I had solved this but maybe now I have finally solved this pesky "Generic error occurred in GDI+" when retrieving Albumartwork
                          Thanks for the .ini options.

Comment

These new changes of the INI are they accessible thru the setup page or you need to access the INI directly?
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

These new changes of the INI are they accessible thru the setup page or you need to access the INI directly?
                              nope only via direct editing of the .ini file. Too many customizations for single users makes everything very complicated.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

New beta v.83 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.83:

• Added an option to set the maximum time of an announcement
                                • Tuned announcement processing a little

Comment

Working...
                                X