Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I find out what triggered a device ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I find out what triggered a device ?

I have a virtual device, which is only triggered by a voice command from Alexa. I have checked my logs and can see that device being turned of a few times every minute. No input from me, nothing in the Alexa history. Is there a way to make the logs more detailed so I can see what triggered the device control command ?

Nov-16 13:50:16 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:50:08 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:50:07 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:50:07 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:50:06 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:50:06 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:50:05 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:50:04 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:49:24 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:49:23 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:49:23 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:49:22 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:49:21 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:49:21 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)
    Nov-16 13:49:19 Device Control Device: Voice control Alexa Television to Off (0)

So if you disable voice control for this event, false triggering stops?
    Jon

Comment

I think I have traced this. I have an event, when device power tv has its value set to off, that triggers an event to turn the virtual switch to off to mirror the state of the tv power device. I have changed that now to when value changes to off. That might have stopped it. Still don't know whats sending the off commands to the power tv (real) device. Nothing in the logs, its just that I can see the timestamp on that change every few minutes or even more often.
      I also have another problem with Alexa mysterious commands, where I need to find a cause. Those or not linked to any real device

That's in my previous post as it was a different issue

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=185123

Comment

Working...
      X