Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option 2 seems to be working - any next steps/tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option 2 seems to be working - any next steps/tips?

I just setup option two, and it seems to be working.
    thought i had read about Jon's helper, but it appears that's only available on Linux, and i'm on Windows.

Any other cool stuff i'm missing and can't seem to find in the thousands of posts? :-)

It works with Windows as well - actually, initially.

It makes all the difference...

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      It works with Windows as well - actually, initially.

It makes all the difference...

Robert
      Does it basically just make it easier to use normal syntax, instead of having to be so precise with verbal commands?

Comment

Yes, along with the added benefits of being able to run scripts, events, capi commands etc...with or without responses including those which use replacement variables.
        I encourage you to give it a look. It is well documented.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          I just setup option two, and it seems to be working.
          thought i had read about Jon's helper, but it appears that's only available on Linux, and i'm on Windows.
          I can see my posting on the Linux build was confusing so have updated this. To confirm, my Alexa Helper works on both Linux and Windows. Linux users need to use HS3 build 3.0.0.304 or higher.
          Jon

Comment

Working...
          X