Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM-15A error in event

Hi,

I'm getting a problem every time I try to control an X-10 device using the CM-15A plugin, this error pops up in the log whenever the event that attempts to turn the light on or off happens:

Nov-29 12:03:57 CM15A Error executing action: Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Of course the light I'm attempting to switch doesn't work. It used to work, is this a bug or a permanent limitation?

You may have discovered a bug! In order to help troubleshoot I'll need some more information:
    1) What operating system are you running HomeSeer under? (Windows/Linux/R-Pi)
    2) What version of the CM15a plugin are you running?
    3) Does this happen only when the device is controlled from the event or does this error occur if you control it from the Device Management page?
    4) Is this the only X10 device that has an issue or do they all do this?
    5) Do your other X10 devices operate normally when this occurs?
    6) Did this issue begin immediately upon creating the event (and device), or was this event running properly for some time and then began to error?
    7) What happens if you create another event with this device and trigger it?

Also, please post screen shots for the following:
    a) 'Configuration' tab (for the device)
    b) 'CM15a' tab (for the device)
    c) Event that is causing the issue
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I've found a way to work around the problem. Rather than using the control a device option in the THEN part of the event for the X10 device I was using the CM15a to directly send the X10 Command, as below:

IF Node 58 Z-Wave Central Scene had its value set to Scene 001 Key Released
      Then the system will execute the On command on Housecode M for Unitcode 7.

Once I changed the event to control a CM15a device with code M7 the command worked without an error. I had been sending the commands directly as X10 devices seemed to be restricted in the older versions of HS software.

I'm using a Hometroller Zee S2 so that would be the Pi version of HS3 v 368. The CM15a plugin version is 3.0.0.5. The bug happens any time I try to directly execute a X10 command in an event rather than controlling a device. The X10 devices work properly from the Device Management page when the X10 controller is in a good mood but that's not a HS3 bug. Let me know what else you might want, I didn't take device screen shots since the devices work.

Comment

I'm glad you found a workaround. I'll look into this when I get a chance.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
        X