Setpoint Limits in the Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setpoint Limits in the Plugin

I've been using this plugin for a while now and everything works correctly but I have a recurring issue. Periodically I notice that I can't change the temperature from homeseer. The fan and mode controls work fine. A little bit of digging shows that the Setpoint limits are 0.0 for both cool and heat.

Main | Options | Schedule | Configuration | Devices| Advanced Setup
    <FORM method=post name=form1><TABLE border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5><TBODY><TR>

Connecting Thermostats to HAI Panel

I'm considering installing one of the HAI Omni Panels. Does anyone have any experiences with connecting the thermostats through the panel and then communicating with them through HS? Would this avoid the need to use the thermostat plugin?

I've found a few old posts that seem to imply its possible but I'd like to hear some first hand and current experiences. I just bought 6 older used RC-80 thermostats. I'm hoping to get them working well with HS.

Comment

Bump! Getting a little frustrated.

Still having this issue. Setpoint limits spontaneously change to 0.0 Can't control the thermostat until I fix it.

Is there a way to modify the setpoint limits from a script? If I could run a script every couple of minutes to set the setpoints to a reasonable value it would at least be a work around.

If the code for this is entirely unmaintained how about open sourcing it so I could at least fix the issue? I don't mind poking through the code to find the problem but I hate to pay for the source code to have the privledge of fixing something that I already paid money for (part of HSPRO).

Comment

I still haven't figured out what causes this to happen but after a little bit of reading (I really need to do that first) I found that the User's Guide for the plugin does have info on scripting. Here is the section:

Function:
        CoolSetpointLimit

Description:
        Gets and Sets the Cool Setpoint limit. The temperature is specified in the
        current temperature units.

Syntax
        : haithermo. CoolSetpointLimit = t
        Sets the cool setpoint limit to t, where t is a double value
        t = haithermo.CoolSetpointLimit
        Gets the cool setpoint limit

Function:
        HeatSetpointLimit

Description:
        Gets and Sets the Heat Setpoint limit. The temperature is specified in the
        current temperature units.

Syntax
        : haithermo. HeatSetpointLimit = t
        Sets the heat setpoint limit to t, where t is a double value
        t = haithermo.HeatSetpointLimit

Gets the heat setpoint limit

So it should be possible to run a script to detect when the setpoint limits change to 0 and put them back. Messy but it should work.

Comment

Working...
        X