Z-Seer+ Now Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
    As stated in another thread, when my zwave network is experiencing the delay (last one was 33 seconds) the homeseer web page responds normally and the transmit cue was empty. Are there any log files stored in the znet itself?

I'm considering plugging my znet into a switch powered by an x10 module and killing power to it during a delay to see if homeseer ever generates an error of if the znet still sends the data after communications failure just to try and figure out where the point of failure lies.

I have updated the zwave plugin and turned off polling and set timeout to 2 seconds. Now it's a waiting game.
    After installing .124, my delays were really bad yesterday, rising throughout the day to more than 10 seconds. I went back to .87 and as of now the Z-Wave delays are still gone. During these high delays yesterday, all of the queues were empty, CPU and memory use were nominal and the HS web server was not affected. Even though a restart will usually stop the delays, the fact that they do not come back with .87 would seem to indicate that it is plug-in related and is not due to network or controller issues.

There is not enough memory in the 500 series chip to allow it to store logging and the Z-Net O/S does not write any logging to the SD card. As I wrote above, the repeated cause and effect I have experienced by changing the plug-in would seem to point to it as the culprit. I have also experienced the same relationship between plug-in versions and delays with a Z-Troller, a single Z-Net and now with 3 Z-Nets each controlling heir own network. When I have delays affecting my primary Z-Wave network, I will see the same delays in my two secondary Z-Wave networks.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

My Dinosaur

Thanks for the reply James, (from down the road). I agree, if possible, Win10 is a good way to go. But, my old motherboard hosts 5 expansion slots and 7 RS-232 ports for sensor & interface hardware. Win10 says it's a NO-GO for this PC relic. So it's upgrade/replace all the hardware interfaces or stay with XP. I think I'll wait on the Z-Seer for now, unfortunately.
      Ed

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        After installing .124, my delays were really bad yesterday, rising throughout the day to more than 10 seconds. I went back to .87 and as of now the Z-Wave delays are still gone. During these high delays yesterday, all of the queues were empty, CPU and memory use were nominal and the HS web server was not affected. Even though a restart will usually stop the delays, the fact that they do not come back with .87 would seem to indicate that it is plug-in related and is not due to network or controller issues.

There is not enough memory in the 500 series chip to allow it to store logging and the Z-Net O/S does not write any logging to the SD card. As I wrote above, the repeated cause and effect I have experienced by changing the plug-in would seem to point to it as the culprit. I have also experienced the same relationship between plug-in versions and delays with a Z-Troller, a single Z-Net and now with 3 Z-Nets each controlling heir own network. When I have delays affecting my primary Z-Wave network, I will see the same delays in my two secondary Z-Wave networks.
        Again, your experiences are identical to my own with regards to the newer plug in revisions and the increase in delays as time goes on. On initial reset of the Z-Wave plug-in, my activation delays are pretty much gone, but within a few hours I have the delay issue getting steadily worse. I have 4 Z-Nets and I can also vouch for the delays crossing across all separate networks. Same experiences with queues, CPU and memory on the SEL, and in webpage access as you detail. Polling is disabled completely.

Comment

Maybe this is a dumb question but if I purchased Z-Seer+ now and later upgrade to HS3Pro can I sell my standalone Z-Seer+ license and switch to the pro license?

OK, call me cheep I'd just like to not be out the full $50 if I upgrade.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
          Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
          3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
          4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
          3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
          SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

I have the same issue with the routes not being displayed. I've checked under node information page and I don't have the field that displays last known route it just doesn't exist. I have an aeotec gen 5 and just double checked on amazon to make sure it was definitely a gen 5. running hs3 pro version 313 and all latest plugins.

Second to that im in the same boat with the random delays, its strange as the setup is the same in each room, aeotec multisensor using motion to turn on lifx bulb via ultrajones plugin. The two stairway lights suffer with delays whist the bedroom is always spot on yet it is the furthest from the controller. Same as others have mentioned the events triggering at the right time, just a delay in the action.

I too have gone through the configuration parameters again and again changing sensitivity to see if the two sensors were clashing commands at the controller (both sensors have same line of sight), changing polling, reporting intervals and nothing makes a difference, its always so random. Ive ruled out traffic in my setup as i only have 8 devices and i've limited reporting to the bare bones so im questioning the routing. Tried optimising but with so few nodes it has little option so thats why i wanted to see my command routes and see if i can rule this out. Is the command route always the same? i know that optimising sets that path but do the z wave devices always stick to this, just seems to me one time it has a good route and no delay, next time it chooses another route and hence the delay. Probably wrong but thats the only reasoning i can come up with. If it was related to what version i was running it would be a constant problem, not random.

Sorry went of at slight tangent there, mainly just want to know why i have no command route shown.

Comment

Randy, I did a code diff between .87 and .124 and put back some changes that might affect timing. Can you please try the Z-Wave plug-in ver 3.0.1.125 in the Beta section. I will create a another thread were we can discuss this.

We can take this to another thread, but I installed .124 to try Z-Seer+ this morning. as of about 10 minutes ago my Z-Wave delays were consistently 5-15 seconds. I restarted HS and it cleared. There was not excessive CPU or RAM being consumed. It looks like rollback time again because I will not be able to live with SWMBO with these delays. Of course .87 is no longer in the updater to roll back to, so I will have to dig up a backup.

With regard to the Enerwave devices, I have 5 of their energy reporting duplex outlets and they have been horrible. They will quit reporting, lock up and generally misbehave. I just got my 3rd warranty replacement for one that would not report, be controlled, exclude or include.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Lets move the delays discussion to here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...82#post1309882

We can take this to another thread, but I installed .124 to try Z-Seer+ this morning. as of about 10 minutes ago my Z-Wave delays were consistently 5-15 seconds. I restarted HS and it cleared. There was not excessive CPU or RAM being consumed. It looks like rollback time again because I will not be able to live with SWMBO with these delays. Of course .87 is no longer in the updater to roll back to, so I will have to dig up a backup.

With regard to the Enerwave devices, I have 5 of their energy reporting duplex outlets and they have been horrible. They will quit reporting, lock up and generally misbehave. I just got my 3rd warranty replacement for one that would not report, be controlled, exclude or include.

Comment

What is the SDK version of the controller? You can find this on the Node Info page. It has to be 6.51 or later, so 500 series is not the only requirement.

Originally posted by Steaktastic87 View Post
                  I have the same issue with the routes not being displayed. I've checked under node information page and I don't have the field that displays last known route it just doesn't exist. I have an aeotec gen 5 and just double checked on amazon to make sure it was definitely a gen 5. running hs3 pro version 313 and all latest plugins.

Second to that im in the same boat with the random delays, its strange as the setup is the same in each room, aeotec multisensor using motion to turn on lifx bulb via ultrajones plugin. The two stairway lights suffer with delays whist the bedroom is always spot on yet it is the furthest from the controller. Same as others have mentioned the events triggering at the right time, just a delay in the action.

I too have gone through the configuration parameters again and again changing sensitivity to see if the two sensors were clashing commands at the controller (both sensors have same line of sight), changing polling, reporting intervals and nothing makes a difference, its always so random. Ive ruled out traffic in my setup as i only have 8 devices and i've limited reporting to the bare bones so im questioning the routing. Tried optimising but with so few nodes it has little option so thats why i wanted to see my command routes and see if i can rule this out. Is the command route always the same? i know that optimising sets that path but do the z wave devices always stick to this, just seems to me one time it has a good route and no delay, next time it chooses another route and hence the delay. Probably wrong but thats the only reasoning i can come up with. If it was related to what version i was running it would be a constant problem, not random.

Sorry went of at slight tangent there, mainly just want to know why i have no command route shown.

Comment

It's says version 3.95 (ZDK 6.51.2)

Comment

I think I see the problem but I don't have a stick to test it. Please try the beta plugin 3.0.1.126 and see if the routes display.

It's says version 3.95 (ZDK 6.51.2)

Comment

I have two nodes showing up bad. One truly is and I need to replace the switch.

The other works fine, shows 2 hops, but no routes.... and 100% packet loss. What is the best course of action? I don't want to break things, but I'd like to provide feedback....
                        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                        Home Assistant 2024.3
                        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Will do shortly, I'll post back

Comment

Still no joy. Got hit with an error that the controller i was using is a secondary device which is not true (only controller i have) and only showed controller and no nodes so shutdown z seer and started up again then everything back to normal but no command routes still

Comment

I did not get the zip, make sure you rename the zip file .zipp so message is not dropped.

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                              Done!

Comment

At a loss. There was an issue detecting the version, fixed that. Check the node info page in HS, z-wave config, do you see the "Last Working Route" entry? If so, and its blank, your controller is not reporting them. Might not be supported on that controller.

Still no joy. Got hit with an error that the controller i was using is a secondary device which is not true (only controller i have) and only showed controller and no nodes so shutdown z seer and started up again then everything back to normal but no command routes still

Comment

Working...
                                X