Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ArduinoAPI & DHT11 Not Updating

Hello,
    I am trying to get the Ardunio to read the input of a DHT11 (temp & humidity). There are some forum subjects on it already, so I did the best I could to duplicate them. I will be the first to admit, I am not a programmer. So, I set up everything, the Arduino w/ Ethernet has no problem connecting to HomeSeer, the Keep Alive log outputs scroll continuously by, but I never get any readings back from the DHT11. To me, it appears that the sketch program never falls into the loop to actually read the measurements. I have tried to alter the "if" conditions so that the loops are accessed, but, nothing. I have attached screenshots, log output, the sketch file for reference. At this point, I am not sure if it is some hardware issue, wrong libraries, or what.
    I have HS3 running on a Pi w/ Raspian, the 147 version of the Arduino plugin. the signal pin of the DHT11 is an input on A0, and I think the values should be displayed in Input 3 and 4 of the devices. If someone has 5 minutes to take a look and tell me what noob thing I am overlooking, I would appreciate it. Also, what sketch command can I use to write a line to the log? That would help a lot to determine what is going on with the program.
    Thanks,
    David
    Attached Files

Well, according to this post:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169811

I appear to be using the wrong pin for an input. I will try the others, but it still seems like I should be seeing additional activity in the log other than the Keep Alive statements.
    David

Comment

Originally posted by dsieg61 View Post
      Well, according to this post:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169811

I appear to be using the wrong pin for an input. I will try the others, but it still seems like I should be seeing additional activity in the log other than the Keep Alive statements.
      David
      David,

At a quick glance, you have the code in place but this is from the plugin manual:

Although not used by most SD card libraries, A0 is connected to the SD slot's write protect (WP) pin and
      A1 is connected to the card detect switch. Both are pulled high by 10k resistors on the Ethernet shield.
      These pins therefore cannot be used for analog input with the shield unless they are bent back or
      clipped off before inserting the shield into the arduino. Additionally, if a user's circuit uses these pins for
      digital IO, the pullups may cause problems for existing circuitry

I would change the pin and send the sketch to the board again to see if this helps you.

If that still is not working get back to me as the debus shows the board connected ok.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Working...
      X