DLNA Manager Plug-In Beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ameridan View Post
    I don't think that applies to version 11.
    Actually I thought v11 would be able as well. If you click on the "Stream" button on the top left, do you see the option "Allow remote control of my Player"? If you set that, you should be able to use it as a renderer.

Do you have any Android or iPad/iPhone devices? The slideshow should work on those as well, although I haven't tried it yet.

ver 13 installed nicely, but it shows up as 12 - no bigee
    Thanks for pointing that out. I realized it after I had posted it but assumed nobody would notice

QUESTION: Is there a way to tie the audio TTS from Homeseer Speaker into DLNA Manager so that announcements could be also broadcast to renderer devices?
    Now that is an interesting idea! I do this in my Sonos plugin, I can cut/paste the code from one plug-in to another and rather than stream it to the Sonosplayer, do it on any renderer. Having that said, it has been quite a challenge to get it right on the Sonos player, where I save state of the player and restore everything after the announcement. The reason it works on the Sonos is because it is 100% controllable via its UPNP interface, including querying it for any state information. In this case there is zero chance of that being possible so it would interrupt anything happening on the renderer and probably leave it in a stopped state after the announcement, not sure how WAF friendly that's going to be.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

I thought I'd throw out the results of an experiment I did, in case you or others might want to incorporate smaller media player buttons into the status page.

resulting in the image below.

The alt codes I used are 16, 254, 186, 174 and 175 respectively and I tried out the buttons and they work!

By the way I revealed part of your plugin in the device configuration when I did this I guess...
      Digital Input
      Analog Input
      Digital Output
      Interface Variable
      -Dan
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ameridan; March 4, 2012, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        Actually I thought v11 would be able as well. If you click on the "Stream" button on the top left, do you see the option "Allow remote control of my Player"? If you set that, you should be able to use it as a renderer.
        Maybe I'm doing something wrong or need to reinstall? as I don't see any stream button...
        Attached Files

Comment

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or need to reinstall? as I don't see any stream button...
          My bad. Just fired up my last remaining XP machine and indeed, v11 doesn't support this.
          Sorry for sending you into the weeds.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Now that is an interesting idea! I do this in my Sonos plugin, I can cut/paste the code from one plug-in to another and rather than stream it to the Sonosplayer, do it on any renderer. Having that said, it has been quite a challenge to get it right on the Sonos player, where I save state of the player and restore everything after the announcement. The reason it works on the Sonos is because it is 100% controllable via its UPNP interface, including querying it for any state information. In this case there is zero chance of that being possible so it would interrupt anything happening on the renderer and probably leave it in a stopped state after the announcement, not sure how WAF friendly that's going to be.

Dirk
            I'd be happy with simultaneous audio like I do on my PC, or doesn't the plugin function that way? When homeseer speaker announces callerid, doorbell rings, etc., it's right on top of my streaming audio and the WAF is great.

Comment

I'd be happy with simultaneous audio like I do on my PC, or doesn't the plugin function that way? When homeseer speaker announces callerid, doorbell rings, etc., it's right on top of my streaming audio and the WAF is great.
              On a PC you can use the speaker client for TTS, no need for any plugin. The mixing of audio, that would be Windows (or the OS combined with the audio HW) doing that, DLNA devices wouldn't mix anything unless it has a special implementation .

Dirk

Comment

New beta v.14 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.14:

• Fixed an issue with XBMC, where HS would "hang" for 10~20 minutes while the XBMC was being discovered
                • Fixed and rewrote a bunch of stuff, no new features

Comment

Xbmc

Hi dcorsus,

I'm responding from your other thread you said are not monitoring.
                  Ok, thank you for responding to the XBMC question and that you started supporting it.
                  I take no credit for introducing you to XBMC. But all credit goes to the devs. at XBMC.org. and http://packages.pulse-eight.net/
                  They are the heros, I'm just a fan.
                  Back to the topic, about the statement you posted in you other thread about XBMC, Quote:-
                  I'm currently doing some testing with playing Pandora on the XBMC. The good news is that the XBMC sends UPNP events to the plug-in, the bad news is that the "media server" part of the XBMC doesn't seem to publish the Pandora radiostation information.

You will forgive me or correct me if I give you the wrong information but I believe what you were talking about may be found here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...erver_HTTP_API
                  For a snippet of how XBMC responds to remote apps, use the following:
                  (a);running xbmc and xbmc has its web server turned on):
                  Turns on broadcasting at low level (just playing events)

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/xbmcCmds/x...rameter=1;8278

(b);Turns on broadcasting at high level (includes button presses etc)
                  http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/xbmcCmds/x...rameter=2;8278

(c);Turns off broadcasting events
                  http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/xbmcCmds/x...st&parameter=0

Note the 8278 parameter is the default value and is optional if the default value is to be used.
                  Make sure it is the same value as used by XBMC Listener.

Provided you have xbmc running on the same lan segment as XBMC Listener you should not need to change the IP
                  address used by XBMC Listener.
                  If this is not the case - you are on your own!

(d);Displays the current setting
                  http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/xbmcCmds/x...d=GetBroadcast
                  ;i.e the XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80 = The IP address of our XBMC.

Cool for now and I'm going to test the new plugin.

Eman.
                  TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

New beta v.15 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.15:

• Added buttons for Shuffle and Repeat and ClearQueue
                    • The logic of the plugin is now as follows: if you add tracks to the queue, any action like play/pause/stop/shuffle/repeat/next/prev will automatically apply to the queue. If you have a DLNA renderer which has a queue (haven't come across any yet except for Sonos), clear the queue and buttons like next/prev will be sent to the renderer rather then applied to the local queue. So you should be able to start/stop play pretty seamlessly.
                    • Added save Playlist, Load playlist features. Whatever you drag in your playlist (queue) will be automatically saved for that player. It will be automatically loaded when HS starts up. However you can now save this queues as playlists for this plug-in and for example load this playlist on a different renderer.
                      Unfortunately had to make changes that require, one more time, removal off devices an ini file. So if you had previous versions installed, follow this sequence. When HS is still running, go to the setup page and delete all HS devices that were created by this plugin. Stop HS. Install this version. Delete the HSPI_DLNA MANAGER.INI file which can be found in the <hsroot>\CONFIG subdirectory. Restart HS and now add the devices you want.
                    • Still to come, triggers/actions/help file/image preloading/Editing of Queues/perhaps little icons with Queue elements

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                      You will forgive me or correct me if I give you the wrong information but I believe what you were talking about may be found here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...erver_HTTP_API
                      For a snippet of how XBMC responds to remote apps, use the following:
                      (a);running xbmc and xbmc has its web server turned on):
                      Turns on broadcasting at low level (just playing events)
                      Actually what you refer to here is controlling XBMC via proprietary HTTP commands, the DLNA manager plug-in is developed to control devices via a standardized UPNP protocol. The good news is that it is standardized and works on a large set of devices. The bad news is that what is standardized is pretty limited (typically start/stop/pause/volume/play something from another server). Many devices can be controlled in much more extensive ways using proprietary protocols/APIs but you would need that device and lots and lots of time to develop. So for those solutions you are better off with a homeseer plugin that was developed specifically for that player, like plugins for Onkyos, Squeezeboxes, Sonos .....

I do believe that the team developing XBMC are spending time improving the UPnP interface. I first had version 10 installed and ran into many issues. I upgraded to version 11 (RC2 I believe) and some of the bugs appear to be gone. It did crash quite a good bit, but it was a bit caused by what the plugin was doing (wrong). Major shortcoming from 2 days of testing, XBMC is announcing via its UPnP interface what it is playing but it is not providing details such as track/artist/album. As a DLNA server, so far I can only "see" video and music containers but not pictures. Haven't even been able to detect or put anything in these containers. I found some questions about the same issue on the XBMC forum but no clear answers. I also couldn't find a LastFM plugin (wasn't looking very hard) but the Pandora plugin works fine although I now doubt I will be able to control that station from this plugin.

For time being, I'm back focusing on the basic functions for the plugin, have set my XBMC testing aside.

Dirk

Comment

New beta v.16 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.16:
                        • Fixed a small mistake where volume/mute... buttons were not created for a renderer devices

Comment

Hello, I have a couple of Samsung TVs as well as a bunch of other DLNA devices.
                          Should I install this plug or the Samsung Plugin?
                          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                            Hello, I have a couple of Samsung TVs as well as a bunch of other DLNA devices.
                            Should I install this plug or the Samsung Plugin?
                            The question is, what do you want it to do?

The Samsung remote mimics your remote (except for the power-on part), so it allows you to change channels, control volume, inputs etc. Is is unidirectional so it won't know whether your mute is on, what input you are using etc. It doesn't use DLNA(UPnP) to do that, in fact it communicates over TCP/IP with a standard app running on the Samsung TV. What that plugin also can do is send small TXT messages to your TV like the caller ID of an incoming call (provided you have a plugin who can present that information to HS's other plugins).

The DLNA manager can be used to play music/video or pictures on a DLNA capable device, like C/D series Samsung Smart TVs. Having that said, it doesn't mean it can control all functions of your TV like you remote can. The DLNA standard around transport (play/pause/stop..), Renderer (mute, volume, loudness, color ..) are fairly limited. There is no standard for input selection, channel changing, pull up menus etc. Probably one way to see this DLNA/UPnP interface, is like (yet another) input to your TV, analogous to a VGA or HDMI input. Once you select that input, the behavior of the TV is linked to that interface, so let's say you select HDMI, changing channels TV channels has no meaning. Moreover, different devices implement DLNA behavior in different ways. For example, my Samsung (C-series) TV will interrupt whatever it is doing when it get a DLNA command to play content, so no need to switch the input selector. On my Onkyo for example, you have to first set the device to "network input" before you it accepts any DLNA commands. So in the Onkyo case, now you have a challenge because you need to have a different way to first set the device in the right state, through a different interface, so that's a bit crazy. I hope that all vendors soon make more functions available through their DLNA interface, things like power on/off, input selection etc. On a side note, I was looking at Sony yesterday and it might actually be that they have some proprietary extentions made to their DLNA interface to control other (generic) functions of the TV.

So back to your question on what to expect for Samsung, you should be able to control your TV to play some song, video or pictures from HS but you would not be able to change channels etc. You should also be able to control the volume/mute from the plugin. You won't be able to turn the TV on or off.

What I'm using this plugin for more and more is to use it as a "slide show manager". I select a bunch of pictures off my NAS and "play" it to my HS Touch devices (or TV for that matter). For example, my wife was visiting here parents (abroad) last week and she had her iPad sitting in their living room playing pictures of our NAS.

What I plan on adding as well is the capability to route announcements through DLNA devices, so any TTS routed through HS can be captured in a little mp3/wav file and then played on your DLNA device ...... provided the device is turned on and switched to right input (in case of my Onkyo) if need be. Of course if you combine this with other plugins that are out there, you could have one plugin switch it on and to right input and this plugin to play content. Not perfect but a solution.

Makes sense? I see a lot of (read) traffic on this thread, some downloading but sadly enough not a lot of feedback

Dirk

Comment

Using 1.0.0.15. The "CONFIG" button does not appear on the interface section of the configuration page(s). I have to manually key in the url and then it allows me to configure and discover.

Yesterday I set up a Kodak EasyShare Digital Picture Frame as a server device and as a rendering device. Today, it shows neither of those are enabled, so I clicked config button. Page open and it says online. I click save button but it just sits there. There is no link to go back to the main configuration screen either, nor is there a menu of available options.

Maybe there is something I'm missing?

So now I check my log file and here's what I see:

DLNA Manager IPAddress for UPnPDevice = [TV]xxLMxx00 has changed. Old = 192.168.1.###. New = 192.168.1.### {-- the address of my HS server}

It is filling up my logs with these types of logs. The ip address of the TV is not changing. What is going on?

I looked for a pdf or something in the hs\docs path before posting to the thread.

So far, still trying to figure out what I can do with it while helping test it.
                              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                                Using 1.0.0.15. The "CONFIG" button does not appear on the interface section of the configuration page(s). I have to manually key in the url and then it allows me to configure and discover.
                                Did you upgrade from a release pre 1.0.0.15? If so, did you delete all the devices that were created with previous versions and delete the HSPI_DLNA Manager.ini file that you can find in the <HSroot directory>\config? If not, I recommend you to do this. Also if you came from a previous version, you would have to activate the plugin first. Once the plugin is activated, there should be no need to go find the "config" button on the interfaces page, it should be on the top of your HS web page. Is it not there? See my screen capture.

Yesterday I set up a Kodak EasyShare Digital Picture Frame as a server device and as a rendering device. Today, it shows neither of those are enabled, so I clicked config button. Page open and it says online. I click save button but it just sits there. There is no link to go back to the main configuration screen either, nor is there a menu of available options.
                                OK, this seems to indicate that the plugin is activated and the config button is now working or not? Maybe a screen shot can help. Assuming the "DLNA Config" button on top of your screen works you should see a screen as attached. The first step you need to do is click on "Add" for those devices that you want HS to control. Once you click "Add", the button for that device should disappear and there should now be a button that allows you to set specific configurations only to this device. The button is "Config". So once you click add, the device is automatically added and activated. If it shows deactivated, it is either because you didn't add it or you deactivated the device in the HS Setup page. So the status should show actived on-line or activated off-line. If off-line, it means that the plugin cannot ping it, so it might have gone off-line since it was discovered and now. The save button is only used when you change the name of the zone and you want to save it.

So now I check my log file and here's what I see:

DLNA Manager IPAddress for UPnPDevice = [TV]xxLMxx00 has changed. Old = 192.168.1.###. New = 192.168.1.### {-- the address of my HS server}

It is filling up my logs with these types of logs. The ip address of the TV is not changing. What is going on?
                                I assume the ### of old and new are different or are they the same? Not sure why the discovery would find a different IP address. How frequent do you see this in your log? Every ?? minutes?

What OS are you running this on?

What would help is for you to turn the debug flag on in the config page, (see screen capture) and email the log file in a private email.

I looked for a pdf or something in the hs\docs path before posting to the thread.

So far, still trying to figure out what I can do with it while helping test it.
                                Sorry for not having found the time to write documentation, it is on my list of things unless there is no interest in the plugin ....

On a different note, how do you like the Kodak EasyShare Digital Picture Frame? I wasn't aware there were DLNA enabled picture frames out there, I'm definitely going to look into this. What was not clear to me, did you get anything to work via the plugin?

Dirk
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X