www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HS-MS100+ Motion Sensor

HS-MS100+ Motion Sensor Forum for HomeSeer HS-MS100+ Motion Sensor

Old February 24th, 2018, 12:42 PM
OverSeer

Z-ware

I discovered an iOS app called z-ware. It is from a company called sigma designs (http://z-wave.sigmadesigns.com/why-z...ave-ecosystem/) On it’s website the company lists the HomeSeer MS100+ as a compatible product.

I would like more information about this partnership. Is anyone using the z-ware app? How does it work? The online reviews of the app are horrible!

Steve Q
Attached Images

Old February 24th, 2018, 01:07 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Q View Post
I discovered an iOS app called z-ware. It is from a company called sigma designs (http://z-wave.sigmadesigns.com/why-z...ave-ecosystem/) On it’s website the company lists the HomeSeer MS100+ as a compatible product.

I would like more information about this partnership. Is anyone using the z-ware app? How does it work? The online reviews of the app are horrible!

Steve Q
Sigma Designs is Z-Wave. They build all of the device and controller chips and hold the patents. The HS-MS100+ has a Sigma chip as does a Z-Net and every other Z-Wave device.

The Z-Ware app does not work and from the reviews it appears users did not understand that a Z -Wave controller is required.

When you ask about a “partnership”, what partnership?

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old February 24th, 2018, 01:33 PM
OverSeer

Randy, thanks for the info. I guess I knew that Sigma is the creator of z-wave, but it did not register that Sigma Designs is the same company. There are lots of Sigma companies.

Since Sigma Designs shows the MS100+ (As well as all the other Homeseer products) on their website I assume there is some kind of agreement between the companies.

What I am interested in is the z-ware app and how it might work with Homeseer and other ZWave products. In addition to the app, z-ware also has IFTTT integration. This opens up many more options for controlling many other devices that do not currently have plugins for HS3.

Steve Q
Old February 24th, 2018, 04:16 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Q View Post
Randy, thanks for the info. I guess I knew that Sigma is the creator of z-wave, but it did not register that Sigma Designs is the same company. There are lots of Sigma companies.

Since Sigma Designs shows the MS100+ (As well as all the other Homeseer products) on their website I assume there is some kind of agreement between the companies.

What I am interested in is the z-ware app and how it might work with Homeseer and other ZWave products. In addition to the app, z-ware also has IFTTT integration. This opens up many more options for controlling many other devices that do not currently have plugins for HS3.

Steve Q

HomeSeer has also IFTTT integration.

—-
John