Possble Vera convert with zigbee questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possble Vera convert with zigbee questions

I'm running on an HS3 demo currently to see if it's capable of working for me and what not. I'm looking for help with the following Zigbee devices

1. NYCE Ceiling Motion Sensor
    2. Centralite wall plug (lamp module)

I have looked at the HSZigbee plugin and it looks like it ONLY supports Osram Lightify gateway? To me that's not a "zigbee" plugin, more like the Hue plugin very specific to one product group.

Anyways. Is there Zigbee support with HS for non Lightify/Hue/Lights?

I use these zigbee motion sensors https://bit.ly/2GS6gaC throughout the house. I use the Jowihue plug-in which connects the deCONZ raspbee or conbee gateway. I have one Philips hue bulb as the router or whatever it's called.

I also use switches and water sensors from Aqara and they work perfectly with the deCONZ gateway, with Jowihue and HS3. Really inexpensive, well built, very small. The only downside is waiting about three weeks for them to arrive from China.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
      I'm running on an HS3 demo currently to see if it's capable of working for me and what not. I'm looking for help with the following Zigbee devices

1. NYCE Ceiling Motion Sensor
      2. Centralite wall plug (lamp module)

I have looked at the HSZigbee plugin and it looks like it ONLY supports Osram Lightify gateway? To me that's not a "zigbee" plugin, more like the Hue plugin very specific to one product group.

Anyways. Is there Zigbee support with HS for non Lightify/Hue/Lights?
      Short answer, No.

Longer answer, Maybe

Longest answer, Maybe but you will need to get "your hands" dirty..

I know, not very helpful
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
        I use these zigbee motion sensors https://bit.ly/2GS6gaC throughout the house. I use the Jowihue plug-in which connects the deCONZ raspbee or conbee gateway. I have one Philips hue bulb as the router or whatever it's called.

I also use switches and water sensors from Aqara and they work perfectly with the deCONZ gateway, with Jowihue and HS3. Really inexpensive, well built, very small. The only downside is waiting about three weeks for them to arrive from China.
        If I get a conbee gateway, I would then add it through Jowihue? I already have Jowihue working with hue, just confused how the conbee fits in for other zigbee devices.

Comment

Correct, you would search for gateways. It found my raspbee and I was off and running.

I don't know what you do when you have another gateway because I've only owned the raspbee and one philips bulb.

Read about moving devices from one gateway to another.

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
            Short answer, No.

Longer answer, Maybe

Longest answer, Maybe but you will need to get "your hands" dirty..

I know, not very helpful
            I've been done a lot with Home Assistant. I don't mind getting dirty if there's a result at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post

Looks like I'll have to get a raspbee or conbee. I have a HUSBZB-1 which is a z-wave/zigbee combo stick but deCONZ doesn't recognize it.

Comment

Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
                If I get a conbee gateway, I would then add it through Jowihue? I already have Jowihue working with hue, just confused how the conbee fits in for other zigbee devices.
                You can use the JowiHue plugin with any number and combination of Philips hue bridges, deCONZ gateways like the conbee or the raspbee. You can also create scenes that cross the bridges and gateways.

Wim
                -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                  You can use the JowiHue plugin with any number and combination of Philips hue bridges, deCONZ gateways like the conbee or the raspbee. You can also create scenes that cross the bridges and gateways.

Wim
                  Thanks after doing some more research, I noticed that my Iris motion sensors are not compatible yet, or at least not on the compatibility chart. I was thinking about doing this because I have about 10 Iris zigbee sensors sitting around.

Comment

Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
                    Thanks after doing some more research, I noticed that my Iris motion sensors are not compatible yet, or at least not on the compatibility chart. I was thinking about doing this because I have about 10 Iris zigbee sensors sitting around.
                    What I have ended up doing is using my Vera Plus box for my zigbee sensors. They all work well with Vera and I use the Vera Scenes to call the HS3 json api to flip a virtual switch on/off and then use HS3 events to do whatever I want done.

Comment

Working...
                    X