www.homeseer.com    
 

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Developer Support > Programming & Plug-in Development

Programming & Plug-in Development All programming and plug-in development forums

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old February 9th, 2017, 01:12 PM
mrhappy mrhappy is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: W.Mids, UK
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz83 View Post
OK. That is clear.
Am i correct in saying that the controller will just hit the 'toggle' button on the garage door ?
Yes that's my belief, there appears to be some sort of what might be an SSR (I don't know if the schematic is open) which I imagine is just pressing the button.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old February 9th, 2017, 01:27 PM
garadget garadget is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: CO, USA
Posts: 8
Yes, stock Garadget uses a reed relay to simulate the opener's button click.
The info about hardware implementation can be found here.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old February 11th, 2017, 03:29 PM
jlrichar's Avatar
jlrichar jlrichar is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,117
Installed today

I received my garadget yesterday, and installed it today. Pretty easy setup, and works as advertised. The iOS app works well, and the plugin looks nice. A nice feature is the integration with Imperihome--it is integrated as a lock and pairs with the garage door icon. Since it is a lock to imperihome you can set it to require a PIN or touchID to open/close.

Now to setup a netcam in the garage to add to the imperihome garage page.
__________________
_______________________________________________

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.318) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old February 11th, 2017, 03:33 PM
garadget garadget is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: CO, USA
Posts: 8
Thumbs up

Awesome! Happy to hear it worked out nicely for you, @jlrichar!

If you have a moment, please share the pics of your setup including the opener model.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old February 17th, 2017, 12:14 AM
philipi philipi is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 53
Can't have a + sign in your password

Hi,

I've found that having a + sign in my password prevented the plugin from connecting to the server.

+ in password was not a problem for the iOS, Android and Web App.

Thanks for making this plugin happen!

Log follows:

Feb-17 5:01:10 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 5:01:10 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:59:43 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:59:43 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
Feb-17 4:57:30 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:57:29 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
Feb-17 4:57:29 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
Feb-17 4:57:16 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:57:16 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:51:28 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:51:28 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old February 18th, 2017, 07:05 AM
mrhappy mrhappy is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: W.Mids, UK
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipi View Post
Hi,

I've found that having a + sign in my password prevented the plugin from connecting to the server.

+ in password was not a problem for the iOS, Android and Web App.

Thanks for making this plugin happen!

Log follows:

Feb-17 5:01:10 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 5:01:10 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:59:43 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:59:43 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
Feb-17 4:59:05 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:59:03 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
Feb-17 4:57:30 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:57:29 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
Feb-17 4:57:29 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
Feb-17 4:57:28 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
Feb-17 4:57:16 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:57:16 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:51:28 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:51:28 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:50:49 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P *** Get List Of Devices ***
Feb-17 4:50:13 PM Garadget 3P Garadget 3P Web Exception: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P OAuth Token Not Found - Requesting
Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P *** Get OAuth Token ***
Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P Settings Table Reset Called
Feb-17 4:50:11 PM Garadget 3P Start The Connection Thread
Thanks for spotting this one - could I ask if you could try this version please see if it helps?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D...ew?usp=sharing
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old February 20th, 2017, 06:26 PM
mrhappy mrhappy is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: W.Mids, UK
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy View Post
Thanks for spotting this one - could I ask if you could try this version please see if it helps?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D...ew?usp=sharing
I've put version .3 in the updater that should fix this issue, it was with the URL encoding.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old March 7th, 2017, 05:56 PM
philipi philipi is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 53
All Good thanks for the update!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old August 5th, 2017, 03:58 PM
jlrichar's Avatar
jlrichar jlrichar is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,117
An update on my experience with the garadget garage door opener. Essentially the only thing I have to report is it just works as advertised. I bought this off of eBay from the garadget store. I think it was a returned unit. It was a bit cheaper, but otherwise identical to a new unit. It was very easy to add to my two decade old craftsman opener. The app works well for me and my wife, and devices integrate very nicely with imperihome--even creating devices with an animated garage door icon that shows open/opening/closing/closed status in real time. I know there was some negative feedback from the vendor and his millennial response to a millennial Amazon review. That drama aside my limited interactions with the maker have been direct and honest.

I see a lot of discussion related to MyQ and z-wave solutions. Based on that it seems they have a lot of issues related to either reliability, or integration with a mobile UI. I'm not sure most folks are aware of this hardware and this excellent plugin. If you have an old opener and you want to take the easy, high waf, road then I highly recommend this. This is the one homeseer thing my wife regularly brings up to her friends.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old September 4th, 2017, 03:17 PM
jsyers jsyers is offline
Seer Plus
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 105
@garadget or Mr. Happy,

Will your device support myQ on LiftMaster, Chaimberlain, Craftsman, ect. openers and is it IOS only?

J
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old September 4th, 2017, 04:11 PM
mrhappy mrhappy is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: W.Mids, UK
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsyers View Post
@garadget or Mr. Happy,

Will your device support myQ on LiftMaster, Chaimberlain, Craftsman, ect. openers and is it IOS only?

J
The unit itself just has an open/close set of contacts and as such if your door opener supports that then it should work (just basically a switch to open/lower the door). I've just quickly googled myQ and that looks to be another web interface for doors, the unit/plugin would not talk directly to the myQ unit.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old September 4th, 2017, 04:29 PM
jsyers jsyers is offline
Seer Plus
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy View Post
The unit itself just has an open/close set of contacts and as such if your door opener supports that then it should work (just basically a switch to open/lower the door). I've just quickly googled myQ and that looks to be another web interface for doors, the unit/plugin would not talk directly to the myQ unit.
MtHappy, myQ had gone proprietary and it's very feature limited as int it only closes the door and cost a $1 a month to use or $10 a year for use outside their web app. kingfetty has put a-lot of work into the plugin to keep up with their security changes but now everyone on this rock just got shut out Monday. I'm concerned that this device will not be able to handle the data stream that comes out of the control panel on the wall for up/down/light and so on...

J
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
controller, developer, garage door, open source, plugin

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chamberlain MyQ Garage door controller PLUGIN VikingCoder HS3 / HS3PRO Discussion 114 May 1st, 2017 08:55 AM
Using a module in your car to open the garage door? U5tabil HomeSeer Z-Wave Plug-in 6 June 4th, 2015 10:35 AM
What is the best way to detect that a garage door is open? Ericryherd HomeSeer Z-Wave Plug-in 75 January 11th, 2015 06:48 PM
Open/Close Garage Door nugentgl HomeSeer General Discussion Area 36 September 21st, 2010 04:48 PM
How to Open my Garage Door Automatically robc65 HomeSeer General Discussion Area 13 November 8th, 2006 02:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:19 PM.


Copyright HomeSeer Technologies, LLC