Need tool for linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need tool for linux

I need a Tool to modify the linux area when in windows. Like deleting file and copying files from Linux to windows etc. Any help will be appreciated. I have a plugin that bis not working and I need to sent some files to the developer and I just cannot do it . I have have been trying for a week now.

Google and download WinSCP.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Al this looks like this would work great.
      But I'm having a problem login in it keeps giving me a denied error.
      The first login screen when you start the app I used :

File Protocol - SFTP
      Host- i used the HS3 IP
      Port - 22
      username - i used the admin login name
      password - I used the password for the admin user

I even created a new user and I still get a denied error. Any help will be appreciatecd.

Comment

Are you logging onto a Zee? I don't have one, so not 100% sure on the exact connection parameters and user id/password. Other posts indicate the user name to use is homeseer and the password is hsthsths3. I think the connection parameters that you are using are correct.

Cheers
        Al

Comment

The manual says it is looking for a Host Name in there example they used example.com.
          I know the IP of the Zee but I do not see were you can associate an IP to a name.

Comment

The ip for the host name is fine

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got a connection to the ZEE. Had to use user- homeseer password - the system Password and it connected. I can see the files and directories but it will not let me into the root directories. it say the server will not give me access error 3. Does anyone know how to access these files with WINSCP once you are connected to your HS3 device. I think i need a Superuser assignment some how.

Comment

Best to utilize WinSCP with root access.

Change the password to root then configure ssh to work with root.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                X