Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sooty View Post
    Jeff,

I have experimented with different scaling options for the temp charts so If you have many sensors on the same chart which are all reporting near the same temp then the chart range is reduced making the chart easier to read.

In your example the Y-Axis range would have been 60 to 130.

I may include this option in the next version.

Paul..
    sounds cool.... yeah i got about 10 more to buy eventually...

also I had a different issue for a bit now but wanted to track it down...

see if this makes sense.. my temps get so hot in the attic that they go to communication failure...

when this happens, the graph will not show... I get

Code:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error 
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="Off"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
        <system.web>
            <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
        </system.web>
    </configuration>

well I know the answer is to get my temp down in the attic.... it isnt even the hottest days yet..... so I gotta figure out what to do.....
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I pulled those 2 temps out of charting for 10 and stuck them in 11... well neither work... so not sure if it is still that...

anyhow by morning.... or when the temps return back in.... then the charts work.... any ideas?

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Jeff,

I will look into this a bit further tonight, but comm failures should not affect the charts as all the information needed for the charts is read from the database and the RFXCom ini file, not directly from the devices. If you have changed device codes then this can mess up the database records and cause problems. For example if you have lounge temp/humid assigned to devices [10 & [11 and there is data in the database and then you re-assign [10 & [11 to the kitchen temp/humid the previous lounge temp records will be assumed to be for the kitchen.

I have an Oregon sensor in my attic that has been over 50 deg C (rare in the UK I know) and never suffered comm failures as a result of this.

If a device is in comm fail state when the recording script runs, it should record the last known values to the database. If you have MS Access, can you have a look at what is being recorded if anything for these devices whilst they are reporting comm failure.

Paul..

Comment

well it is weird... I forgot to post back before bed... I still had 1 in a com failure and the page did work fine.... not sure why intermittently the page errors out..

also yes the database just records the last known value....

Comment

Its been a while since there was an update to the Charts pages so I thought I would keep everyone up to speed with developments.

I was trying to avoid doing too much work on V1 relating to new features but this has not quite gone to plan. Following feedback from a number of test users I have made the following changes to V1 and should have this ready by the coming weekend.

1. Security Sensor logging added including HomeEasy / Ka-Ku sensors.
            2. Guest access to Config and Security pages prevented.
            3. Option to hide utility charts that have no sensor. e.g. water or gas.
            4. Option to have UV scaling of 0-12 or 0-25 for some UV sensors with 0-25 range.
            5. Summary page and basic charting of security sensors. Bar chart showing sensor activity by hour or day.
            6. A built-in updating utility. This makes 1st installation or upgrading to a newer version much less of a pain.

I am also still working on V2 although this is some weeks of being finished yet.

Paul..

Comment

2. Guest access to Config and Security pages prevented.
              Cool.. thanks dude.. that will be nice..

is there a way to take humidity off the page? I tried editing the .aspx and crashed it....

also I read the doc and curious... how does one use the different charts... meaning ... we use 10,11,12 for our 3 custom pages.. but how does one use 1-9 or 13-15 and have them useable?

Comment

is there a way to take humidity off the page?
                My to-do list seems to be never-ending
                I suppose I can add an option to hide a chart if there are no sensors configured for it. I have done this with the utility charts.

The chart numbers are provided in the RFXCom plug-in for 2 purposes.

1. If the chart number is set to "No" then when the recording script is run that sensors value will not be recorded to the database. Anything other than "No" and the sensor value will be recorded.

2. The coding in the chart pages uses the chart number to find the correct sensors to display on the charts.
                I chose to use 10,11 & 12 for Enviro 1, 2 & 3.

You won't be able to directly edit the coding in my pages, but if you have a look at the aspx pages in \html\RFXUSER, that should give you an idea how it works. You can create your own pages and use whatever chart number you like.

Paul..

Comment

My to-do list seems to be never-ending
                  I suppose I can add an option to hide a chart if there are no sensors configured for it. I have done this with the utility charts.
                  I can wait for rev 2....

The chart numbers are provided in the RFXCom plug-in for 2 purposes.

1. If the chart number is set to "No" then when the recording script is run that sensors value will not be recorded to the database. Anything other than "No" and the sensor value will be recorded.
                  so basically I will want to set everything to a chart then, as in the future I may want to look back on data on. If I chose NO... then I will have no historical data....

2. The coding in the chart pages uses the chart number to find the correct sensors to display on the charts.
                  I chose to use 10,11 & 12 for Enviro 1, 2 & 3.

You won't be able to directly edit the coding in my pages, but if you have a look at the aspx pages in \html\RFXUSER, that should give you an idea how it works. You can create your own pages and use whatever chart number you like.

Paul..
                  ill check that out.. thanks... not a biggie.. was just curious as I saw so many other charts...but didnt know how one could utilize them....

Comment

I have uploaded V1.0.6.1 to my site:

http://www.jphuddlestone.co.uk/rfxcharts/rfxcharts1.htm

There is still some work to do with this but the basics are just about there I think.

Security sensor logging is included and there is now a built-in database update utility.
                    I have purchased a re-distributable ChartDirector license so the yellow banners have now been removed from the charts.

NOTE: After upgrading, it is important that you load the ChartsHome.aspx page first before any other page. This page contains the update utility, which will need to be run before sensor logging will work.

It is recommended that the ChartsHome.aspx page is always loaded first rather than direct linking to the charts pages because this page contains some information that is read into memory and used in other pages.

I didn't manage to include the security sensor charts in this version but they are nearly done and will be in the next version.

Paul..

Comment

Paul,
                      Thanks for the update.
                      Your charts application is making HS / RFXcom complete

Tip:
                      The first load can be slow because of compiling the aspx pages.
                      If your HS machine has sufficient memory you can use the Jon00 ASPx Quick Page Loader. I'm running this every 20 min on my HS machine.
                      This will speed up the charts pages
                      You need to define every page in the ini settings of the pageloader
                      for download check Jon00 forum part.

my ini file
                      [Settings]
                      Logging=1

URL1=/updater/updater.aspx
                      URL2=/tenHsServer/tenHsServer.aspx
                      URL3=/netcam/netcam.aspx
                      URL4=/RFXCharts/ChartsHome.aspx
                      URL5=RFXCharts/WeatherHome.aspx
                      URL6=/RFXCharts/Enviro1H.aspx
                      URL7=/RFXCharts/Enviro2H.aspx
                      URL8=/RFXCharts/Enviro3H.aspx
                      URL9=/RFXCharts/WeightD.aspx
                      URL10=/RFXCharts/SecViewSens.aspx
                      URL11=/RFXCharts/SecViewAcr.aspx
                      URL12=/RFXCharts/UtilityH.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Chak View Post
                        Paul,
                        Thanks for the update.
                        Your charts application is making HS / RFXcom complete

Tip:
                        The first load can be slow because of compiling the aspx pages.
                        If your HS machine has sufficient memory you can use the Jon00 ASPx Quick Page Loader. I'm running this every 20 min on my HS machine.
                        This will speed up the charts pages
                        You need to define every page in the ini settings of the pageloader
                        for download check Jon00 forum part.

my ini file
                        [Settings]
                        Logging=1

URL1=/updater/updater.aspx
                        URL2=/tenHsServer/tenHsServer.aspx
                        URL3=/netcam/netcam.aspx
                        URL4=/RFXCharts/ChartsHome.aspx
                        URL5=RFXCharts/WeatherHome.aspx
                        URL6=/RFXCharts/Enviro1H.aspx
                        URL7=/RFXCharts/Enviro2H.aspx
                        URL8=/RFXCharts/Enviro3H.aspx
                        URL9=/RFXCharts/WeightD.aspx
                        URL10=/RFXCharts/SecViewSens.aspx
                        URL11=/RFXCharts/SecViewAcr.aspx
                        URL12=/RFXCharts/UtilityH.aspx

I didnt try the new one yet.. but I wonder if that is what I need to do as I just got my error again...

Code:
                        Server Error in '/' Application.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error 
                        Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>
                            <system.web>
                                <customErrors mode="Off"/>
                            </system.web>
                        </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
                            <system.web>
                                <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
                            </system.web>
                        </configuration>

if you want to see yourself..

http://riggsclan.dyndns.org

user/pass
                        User/User

Temp Charts button at the top

Comment

Jeff,
                          I can access your pages.
                          first time i deed see the error.
                          Have changed the label of env2

The problem can be that you are directly accessing the temp page .
                          You need first go to the home page of rfx charts.

Comment

Jeff,

Also I can access your temp pages without error.

My charts pages are designed to have the ChartsHome page loaded first because this page loads some bits into memory that are required to run the other pages properly.

Once the ChartsHome page has been run in a session then it's no problem accessig the other pages directly.

Perhaps Jon's Quick Loader script would help even if you only have it running on the ChartsHome page.

Chak,
                            I haven't tried Jon's Quick Loader yet. I may give it a go this weekend. First load of the aspx pages on my system only takes 3 or 4 seconds so its not a big deal for me.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by Chak View Post
                              Jeff,
                              I can access your pages.
                              first time i deed see the error.
                              Have changed the label of env2

The problem can be that you are directly accessing the temp page .
                              You need first go to the home page of rfx charts.
                              Thanks for not trashing it.. I see you put

Chak at the end of Attic....

so yeah will be nice when they remove the config from guest access!!!!!!

Comment

Do you still have the error when you first go to the Homepage?

Comment

Working...
                                X