Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about the HST plugin. Installed it now.
    But that didnt help either. I have 4 Squeezeboxes connected, all HW. And they work in other aspects with the plugin.

Yes to all of your questions abowe

Code:
    The script file output:
    24.12.2009 15:17:55  - Event - Running script in background: test_sb_music_api.vb
    24.12.2009 15:17:56  - Music API - Found plugin SqueezeBox
    24.12.2009 15:17:56  - Music API - Number of instances: 4
    24.12.2009 15:17:56  - Music API - Instance 1 : 
    24.12.2009 15:17:56  - Music API - Instance 2 : 
    24.12.2009 15:17:56  - Music API - Instance 3 : 
    24.12.2009 15:17:56  - Music API - Instance 4 : 
    24.12.2009 15:17:56  - Music API - Plugin Music API NOT FOUND!

Comment

Markus,

The 4 that are currently connected to SB Server out of the 12 or 16 players you have, which HS2 device code do they correspond to? The issue might be that I need to enhance the logic as Music player instance number 1-4 will correspond to the players at devices number 5, 10. 15 and 20 and my not match up in your case if the 4 active players have HS2 device above number 20 as they are not really available from SB server if they are not connected.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
        Markus,

The 4 that are currently connected to SB Server out of the 12 or 16 players you have, which HS2 device code do they correspond to? The issue might be that I need to enhance the logic as Music player instance number 1-4 will correspond to the players at devices number 5, 10. 15 and 20 and my not match up in your case if the 4 active players have HS2 device above number 20 as they are not really available from SB server if they are not connected.
        The thing is that i only have five players, including the controller, . I dont know exactly how it happend, but the controller is number player number 12 (not active) the rest (the duets) is player 13 - 16 and active.

The four first device codes in use in the plugin Are ]1 - 4 (player count, songs and so on) player 12 starts on device code ]61 and player 16 ends on ]85

it would be Nice if i dont have to reset this, but if that is what it takes.. But i dont know how.

Thanks and merry christmas

Comment

I made it work!

Deleted all squeezebox devices in HS, edited the ini and set the device id to 5 from the first player and 10 from the second and so on... restarted HS and it worked!

I will now try the HST integration with this plugin, and looks very intresting

Thanks!

Comment

28.12.2009 00:30:14 - SqueezeBox Error - An unexpected error occured in the PlayChangeNotify function/subroutine:
            [System.Net.WebException: An exception occurred during a WebClient request. --->
            System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\SqueezeBox\CurrentAlbum_Kjokken_1.jpg' because it is being used by another process.
            at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
            Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
            at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
            --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
            at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.MyServices.Internal.WebClientCopy.Down loadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName)
            at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(Uri address, String destinationFileName, ICredentials networkCredentials, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel) at
            Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite, UICancelOption onUserCancel) at
            Microsoft.VisualBasic.Devices.Network.DownloadFile(String address, String destinationFileName, String userName, String password, Boolean showUI, Int32 connectionTimeout, Boolean overwrite) at
            HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_music_apis.get_CurrentArtworkFile(Strin g path) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_music_apis.PlayChangeNotifyCallback(pla yer_status_change changeType)]
            Last edited by markus.bergvoll; December 27, 2009, 06:36 PM. Reason: Errormessage

Comment

Hi,

first of all great to see the HSTouch integration, tried using the HTML pages but was never very happy. Keep on the good work!

Installed the the latest version (2.0.0.1) using the updater, no error messages everything installed without any problems. One small comment, I worried the install took a long time but found the window asking me `do you want to activate the plugin...` to be behind the install progress window.

I am experiencing the same problem as you describe ("Note that in some cases, the first player/zone name was missing from my list of Music player choices in HSTouch").

Both squeeze boxes are visible and can be controlled from the status screen so Homeseer is aware. Any news from HS ?

Francois

Comment

For 1), I have to try to reproduce it; could you actually enable debug and verbose debugging in the plug-in, log the results into the plug-in log file perform the action you mentioned above and email it to me?

For 2) have you displayed or checked the SB Server HTML pages to see if both zones are playing the same song or only the one you selected? Are both screens in the same HST window?
                I will look into the errors and also work on chaning the logic so that players disconnected from SB Server are added to the number of Music Instances.

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
                  Hi,

first of all great to see the HSTouch integration, tried using the HTML pages but was never very happy. Keep on the good work!

Installed the the latest version (2.0.0.1) using the updater, no error messages everything installed without any problems. One small comment, I worried the install took a long time but found the window asking me `do you want to activate the plugin...` to be behind the install progress window.

I am experiencing the same problem as you describe ("Note that in some cases, the first player/zone name was missing from my list of Music player choices in HSTouch").

Both squeeze boxes are visible and can be controlled from the status screen so Homeseer is aware. Any news from HS ?

Francois
                  Have you updated HST server (see top of thread)? Was the first player connected to SB Server at the time when you tried this? If this is the case, it is the same issue that Markus encountered, otherwise upgrading HST Server to the current beta might resolve it.

Comment

Yes I have updated the server using the updater from within the Homeseer Website. Before doing so I hav installed the beta software downloaded from the first post in this thread.

Francois

Comment

i will get back to you when my GF thinks that i have done my duty as a fammily man....

Comment

I have installed the beta and it seems to work ok.
                        Excellent job!

I have two HS clients and installed a softplayer (softsqueeze) on each of them.
                        Both players are recognized by HStouch and the basic commands work.

It looks however that it cannot load my playlists on the clients. The playlist menu is empty.

Furthermore I dont know if it is possible, but I want to create a button which takes me directly to the album view, or artist view.
                        There is now only the action in HSTouch "music selector Back"...would be nice to have " music selector Albums", and "music selector Artist", etc
                        EDIT: I found the HSTouch action "Music: Set music selector display" does what I want.
                        Last edited by suddenly_ike; December 30, 2009, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                          For 1), I have to try to reproduce it; could you actually enable debug and verbose debugging in the plug-in, log the results into the plug-in log file perform the action you mentioned above and email it to me?

For 2) have you displayed or checked the SB Server HTML pages to see if both zones are playing the same song or only the one you selected? Are both screens in the same HST window?
                          I will look into the errors and also work on chaning the logic so that players disconnected from SB Server are added to the number of Music Instances.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Working my way through creating the new Touchscreens I was wondering if it it is possible to also include as elements:

Track Number ==> to the tracknumber playing
                            Album artist ==> can be different to track artist
                            (eg. Album artist :Various Artists Track artist : Blondie)

I am also still trying to find a solution that cures the "second zone not showing problem" without having to delete the entires in in the ini file because it will most likely recreate my HS device for the player and that means I have to do rework on all my events. Any news on this one?

Francois

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
                              Hi,

Working my way through creating the new Touchscreens I was wondering if it it is possible to also include as elements:

Track Number ==> to the tracknumber playing
                              Album artist ==> can be different to track artist
                              (eg. Album artist :Various Artists Track artist : Blondie)

I am also still trying to find a solution that cures the "second zone not showing problem" without having to delete the entires in in the ini file because it will most likely recreate my HS device for the player and that means I have to do rework on all my events. Any news on this one?

Francois
                              Track number: do you refer to the song index within the Now playing playlist or something else? The value of the HS2 device containing the currently playing song contains the current song index with the playlist and you can retrieve it as well using the API PlayerGetPlaylistCurrentSongIndex. See http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=19 for an example how to return the results of an API call into HST.

Do you see the Album artist separate from Track artist in the SB UI under which tag this would be stored?

I am working on a resolution to include all players in the number of MusicAPI instances even if they are disconnected from SB Server when you connect HST. It will still take me a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
                                1)Couldnt find your email ao i enclosed it.
                                As you can see i do have som problems getting the cover art displaying in HS. And when it shows it the same on every player. In the Squeezeserver web interface, everything is OK.
                                Thanks for the info. Interesting as the url for the icon is pointing to URL for the current song on the SB server and not cached/generated at all by HS2. Does it still not appear when refreshing the web page or clearing the browser's cache?

Comment

Working...
                                X