www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Developer Support > Programming & Plug-in Development

Programming & Plug-in Development All programming and plug-in development forums

Old August 1st, 2017, 01:33 PM
Seer Deluxe

PostBackProc

For most controls I can select if I want the whole page sent back or just the control that triggered the postBackProc. Mostly I try to just send back the data of the control but sometimes I need the whole page. What is the easiest way to figure out which control triggered the postBackProc? In some cases it can be identified with the key ""id" but in many cases that key is not included.
Old August 4th, 2017, 02:19 AM
Seer Deluxe

It turns out that some elements have an id property that is not documented. If you are using a development environment like Visual Studio then just type the variable and in the popup window check if there is an id field. Also for some elements the constructor has an input called p_name (or similar) which actually one would expect to end up in the name property but it actually appears in the id property.