Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long delay between event trigger and sound output

Sending a mp3-file to Sonos using the usual hs.Speak and path-to-mp3
    It works but takes forever before I hear any sound. Switched on the debug flag in Sonos plugin and here you can see the delay (42 seconds), but not what is causing it

Code:
    okt-25 20.47.35	 	Sonos	SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Media\tts.mp3, Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$TTS_ALL$:*, PIInitialized = True
    okt-25 20.46.53	 	Event	Running script and waiting: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/ResponsiveVoice.vb
    I'm running the system on Windows 10 with the latest beta version of Sonos (3.1.0.22)
    Any suggestions?

Originally posted by sigbjorn View Post
    Sending a mp3-file to Sonos using the usual hs.Speak and path-to-mp3
    It works but takes forever before I hear any sound. Switched on the debug flag in Sonos plugin and here you can see the delay (42 seconds), but not what is causing it

Code:
    okt-25 20.47.35         Sonos    SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Media\tts.mp3, Wait=False, Host = $SONOS$TTS_ALL$:*, PIInitialized = True
    okt-25 20.46.53         Event    Running script and waiting: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/ResponsiveVoice.vb
    I'm running the system on Windows 10 with the latest beta version of Sonos (3.1.0.22)
    Any suggestions?
    Maybe we start with posting the whole log ....
    Post the script, what does it do ....
    How "long" is this MP3 file?
    When you run this and you look at the Sonos controller APP, what do you see? Do you see it spin and have the "loading" for a long period, describe what you see.

Forgot to mention, SpeakIn is when the PI gets involved so your lose all the time BEFORE the PI gets involved, so I would say in your script.

Dirk

Comment

Forget it, I found the solution.
      Seems that forgetting setting "Main" as the function to call in the event, caused the delay. Don't know why, but everything works as it should. Sorry to bother you, but thanks for your time.
      Last edited by sigbjorn; October 25, 2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X