X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Device Setup Problem

New to HomeSeer so be kind...

I have installed the Insteon plugin and finally got my HomeSeer install to see the Thermostat however I am getting the following error messages when I try to control it. Ideas on what I am doing wrong? Model of Insteon thermostat is 2441THR Refurbished INSTEON Thermostat. Ideas?

Also having problem with Insteon water leak sensor (never sees the sensor during discovery mode).

Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
    Nov-20 8:02:42 PM Insteon Thermostat Error SetHeatSetpoint: Insteon Thermostat Requested Heat Setpoint 69 has to be within the low(30)/high(125) bounds as configured and less than the cool setpoint 0
    Nov-20 8:02:42 PM Insteon Thermostat SetHeatSetpoint: Insteon Thermostat set heat setpoint to 69 Current heat setpoint = 0 Current cool setpoint = 0
    Nov-20 8:02:42 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem attempting to get thermostat Insteon Thermostat device Cool : The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Nov-20 8:02:42 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem attempting to get thermostat Insteon Thermostat device Heat : The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Nov-20 8:02:42 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem attempting to get thermostat Insteon Thermostat device Cool : The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Nov-20 8:02:42 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem attempting to get thermostat Insteon Thermostat device Heat : The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Nov-20 8:02:42 PM Device Control Device: Insteon Thermostats Heating to (69) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Nov-20 8:02:42 PM HSTouch Server Debug 08:02:42:7813 ~ Client command: (Android:Rodney Phone) REQ:thermostatcommand
    Nov-20 8:02:32 PM HSTouch Server Debug 08:02:32:2375 ~ Client command: (Android:Rodney Phone) REQ:energygetall
    Nov-20 8:02:32 PM HSTouch Server Debug 08:02:32:1724 ~ SendToClient Android:Rodney Phone Data:THERMOSTATCHANGE|54[3]1[3]1[3]50[3]68[3]78[3]0[3]0[3]0[3]0[3]0[3]True[2]
    Nov-20 8:02:32 PM HSTouch Server Debug 08:02:32:1724 ~ THERMOSTAT Change detected

Hi,
    welcome to the forum.

i'll have to refer you to the thermostat forum for help with that.

as for the leak sensor, are you putting it into link mode before attempting to register it with the plugin? this is required for all RF battery operated devices
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the reply. On the leak sensor it is in link mode (green light flashing)... I only have 1 other Insteon device (the thermostat I mentioned) installed at present. Two other devices to install.

As for the thermostat, do I need to repost to the thermostat group or did you already do that? I have not seen a response as yet.

Lastly is there a way to be notified when you get a reply to a post?

Thanks
      Rod

Comment

Rod,
        try registering the leak sensor while holding it within 10 ft of the plm or hub

you will need to repost your thermostat issue to the other forum.

if you 'subscribe' to your posts, you will get email notifications when people reply. Check out the Thread Tools dropdown selections at the top of this thread.

there is also a forum preference you can set in your profile so you are automatically subscribed to threads you start.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X